Stralia'

A: Everything alright? Haven't heard from you in a few days.

C: things are going pretty well. Going to be a few more days before we head back. He's ready to tell his mum about this past year. I think it will be good closure. Off to Australia.

A: I've already warned everyone he was hanging out with to stay away from the house We have some big things to discuss as a band when he gets here. I don't know how it's going to go but it needs to be said.

C: whatever it is you guys will get though it. I'll be right there to help.

As the plane landed in Sydney International airport I watched Luke's anxious hands fumble in his lap.

"Hey,It's going to be ok." Cherry

Luke let out a long sigh. " She's going to be so disappointed in me."

"No, she won't, she will be sad that you felt the need to keep it from her. she will be disappointed in herself for not seeing it. She will be scared for what comes next. but She loves you. you will never be a disappointment." Cherry

"what if you're wrong?" luke

"I'm not." cherry

"I just.. I was so ready until we landed." Luke

"We don't have to do it tonight. Get some rest and then we can go in the morning"

He let out a long sigh and closed his eyes while we waited for the seatbelt sign to turn off. This was going to be a hard but necessary trip.

....

Luke's house was beautiful but nearly empty. Wood floors and high ceilings but nothing signifying that anyone lived there. A black shaggy rug was in the middle of what I assumed was the living room.

"Love what you've done with the place."

Luke laughed "I haven't spent enough time here to actually decorate. My times home were always band related and Arzeyla wasn't really a fan of being here."

Hearing her name made my blood boil. It used to be because I hated what she had done to him. More recently I think it was becoming more because I was jealous of what she had with him. How she took every bit of it for granite. I have literally no place to feel that way so I continue to push the feeling down.

"I'm just giving you shit. I don't even have a home. So I can't exactly judge."

"Really?" Luke

"Haven't you ever noticed when you stay with me I'm always in a hotel." Cherry

"Now that you bring it up yes, but no I didn't pay any attention before. Where is all your stuff?"

" It's in Portland Oregon with my mom. I plan to make a trip up there soon to get my truck and a few things." Cherry

" I would have never guessed you drove a truck."

" Just a country emo girl at heart." cherry

Luke laughed.  " You're only five foot tall."

"Your point?" Cherry

"How do you get in?" Luke

I pushed him.

"Shut up. We weren't all blessed with height."

" You make up for it in Sass." Luke

I laughed. " And for your information.. I have a runner to step on to get in. "

Luke tried to hold in a laugh as I glared at him.

.....
After a tour of the practically empty house. I turned toward the spare bedroom with my bags still in hand.