Chapter 11

Harry's POV

Looking around I see an old bookshop filled to the brim with books both new and old. I'm nudged out of the fireplace by Zefra who still has her glamour on, and somewhat panicky I pull a strand of hair into my line of vision, still seeing the sandy colour, I deflate a fraction, relief swelling inside me.

Unable to help myself I try and peer at some of the books and their subsequent titles as I slowly trail behind Zefra. Few manage to grab my attention straight away one title reading 'Nature's Soldiers: Titans of the past and present' another 'Arithmancy of Magic: A Guide.'

I must have slowed down considerably to catch Zefra's attention, my longing looks not at all discrete, her cheerful voice breaking me out of my trance "don't worry little brother, we can buy the ones you want before we leave today. This is out ticket home anyway. Now enough of those puppy eyes, we have some serious shopping to do. I refuse to leave today until I have you looking better than even the purebloods. You little brother, will have the whole world swooning by the time I'm finished with you. Now lets get this show on the road."

Smiling I shake my head at her antics and rush to catch up to her quickly retreating form. Coming out of the alley I see that we are right in Central London and only a short walk away from the huge shopping centre in the middle of it.

I'm led into store after store, the first having jeans and nothing but jeans. There is so many different types that I just allow the store clerk and Zefra to pick those that would suit me best. At first, the woman helping us has a little bit of a problem with how skinny I currently am, but both Zefra and I assure her that we are working on that.

Zefra explains that she has a tailor and that any jeans that I want to truly fit will be taken there, the rest will stay as they are. I end up getting several different types: slim fit, narrow fit, regular fit and cuffed jeans. Some have strategically placed rips on them, others are just plain. I'm told that darker colours are better for my complexion and build and so am given the jeans in the colours dark blue, black, dark grey and dark army green. I also get few pairs in white and light blue, "just in case little brother. You never know, you might find tops that go well with them, Plus, I can't let you just wear dark colours, I have to spruce you up a bit, add some pizazz."

I just laugh at her excited state, bouncing all around me, a ball of energy. After both Zefra and the sales woman are satisfied with the number of jeans I had gathered, I was dragged into a huge sport shop where I am again nudged into a changeroom. It's quite for a minute of two then all of a sudden, the curtain is yanked open. There stands Zefra, her arms overflowing with all types of clothes. She dumps them in the corner and turns back to me, my eyes shifting between her and the clothes she had picked for me.

My arms circle around my middle, holding onto my sides and tightening at some of the clothes. Some tops have the arms completely uncovered, some are so tight that you would be able to see every raised bump or scar on my body. My hands subconsciously ghost over some of the worst scars on my front. My eyes fearful of what would be said by Zefra and the others if I wore them.

A hand softly landed on my shoulder an I was turned, my wide gaze now only seeing Zefra, her eyes were soft and apologetic, her voice quiet and gentle. "Okay, I'm going to leave you to try all the clothes on by yourself. If you want my opinion I will be just outside, but don't be afraid to 'veto' something if you don't feel comfortable in it. I definitely want you to get a few pairs of tracksuits, t-shirts, jackets and hoodies. The rest is up to you. Feel free to get anything else that you want."

Taking a deep breath I smile slightly and nod, before I close the curtain and start on the mountain of clothes dumped in front of me. I end up getting everything Zefra wanted plus some more. I love how cosy the hoodies are, and make a note to get a few in bigger sizes, to act as a sort of enclosed blanket.