Chapter 42

Up above is some of the Girls Yule Ball outfits. Again, they are not all here, but I will be putting a photo of the other outfits with Chapter 43, next week. I hope this helps some of you with picturing their dresses, I know that I am just horrible when describing intricate clothes, so I hope you all use the collage above to see what I'm talking about.

Also for any Indian's or those well versed in Indian culture and dress, please forgive any mistakes or naïveté I have when describing Parvati's Saree. As I myself am not Indian or know anyone that wears a Saree, all I describe here will be knowledge that I obtained from the internet, so please don't be too harsh with me if I get anything wrong. Also please forgive me if it's in fact not a saree, but from where I found the photo, it labelled it as a saree. If you are confused about what I mean when I describe her dress, she will be with Next week's picture, you will be able to see her and Padma's outfit.

Hope you enjoy this chapter, it's the first half of Yule Ball.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Harry's POV

I was sweating, tonight I would be up in front of a few hundred people dancing, George by my side. I just hoped that I wouldn't make too big of a fool in front of everyone, even if George didn't mind. Taking a few more deep breaths, I tear myself away from the mirror, my hair braided and set in a bun like up-do to tame my old Potter hair, still not missing how it used to be, the birds nest that I had inherited from my father. And while I still had to keep it this year, at least now, I could be seen growing it out, taming it, and smoothing it out.

The Henna that Padma had drawn on me swept up to my elbow, the dark intricate lines making me smile at them, a reminder that I would always carry my parents with me. Padma and Parvati had outdone themselves, with all of us receiving amazing designs, specifically for us. Everyone was super excited to show them off, even if some of our sleeve covered them.

Neville was coming over, one to make sure that I actually listened to the girls and lived up to their standards, and the second was to actually make sure I attended the Ball, instead of just hanging out in my room, away from the castle. But I knew that even if I did stay in my room, sooner or later the intrigue of what George was wearing would force me out. We had decided to keep our outfits secrete from the other, with only Neville and some of the girls knowing what I was wearing.

I had already taken my fake glasses off; finally, and had a cover story ready should I need one, but the only ones that would really care and ask would be Ron, Ginny, and the Old Coot, none of which I was too eager to talk too. With my hair and Henna already taken care of, all I really had to do was put on my Indo Western Sherwani, and go. But since Neville had to do everything here, I still had quite a bit of time before I needed to change.

Feeling the wards allow him entry into the vicinity, I race down, flinging the door open before he could even raise a hand to turn the nob. His face split into a huge grin, a similar one mirrored on my own face, before I usher him upstairs, into my very chaotic but clean room. A habit that I learnt from living with the Dursley's, having too messy a room resulted in a beating, but having a spotless room, also ended with a beating. This was a medium that they couldn't argue with.

Conjuring a clothes rack, Neville calmly hangs his dress robes before turning to me, inspecting me with kind and knowing eyes. "Have you had an attack today?"

"No... I've been close, but I never fell over the edge, it's just been some good ole panicking and over thinking from me."

Rolling his eyes amusedly, he calls one of my elves, "yes, hello little one. Could you please get a pot of Ashwagandha and Kava tea, with a platter of Berries, specifically blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries, some apples, oranges and some nus please." The little elf Mahella, nodded vigorously before popping back out, a bemused smile on her face. Looking at Neville questioningly, he lifts a brow, a very Hermione look, before answering my question.