Chapter 34

Picture above is our lovely Nymphadora (don't call me that) Tonks. I had heaps of fun creating her, and have a few more different designs of her. I tried to stick pretty closely with her hair colour, but I've changed it in a few of the other designs I did of her.

Just a little forewarning, this chapter is broken up into 4 different POV's, they'll all range in different lengths. All POV's will be bolded, just like normal, hope you all enjoy.

Zefra's POV

My meeting with Harry and Silver Fang was just horrible, Harry was pale throughout, and all but disengaged with the world when he learned of the dragon's and their eggs being used. He had completely shut off, never speaking, expression blank, eyes hazed, like he didn't know where he was.

It took a lot of coaxing, and the soothing scent of black honey tea, but before I left he at least was engaged enough to eat and answer basic yes or no questions. Even with all I tried to do, his eyes had dimmed dramatically, and hadn't returned back to their usual vibrancy, even as I left.

It killed me to leave him there like that, but I couldn't actually do much, not without actually acting as a mind healer. Neither he, nor I wanted that from our relationship, we would be there to learn on each other when needed, but this stuff, this was for his actual mind healer to help him with.

With a heavy heart, I left, allowing Silver Fang and the other Battle Goblins to create a game plan for Harry. I had been relegated with the task of trying to keep the hatchlings safe. Not that I minded too much, I had already done some research on ways to help, before I left to intercept the Ministry Officials. Miles' Sugar Glider Patronus had just informed me that they had finished their inspection of the dragons and were on their way up to the castle.

Thankfully, by the time that I had caught up, they were near the lake, which had several students from each house milling about. With an air of importance and superiority, I stroll up to them and stop just a few short meters away. Instantly, Crouch and Bagman stop, Dumbledore on the other hand, had payed them no mind, so he just kept walking chatting happily to air. That is until with a slight cough from Crouch, which caught his attention and he finally looked up, seeing both me and his two companions a few steps behind him. Not sensing the tension in the air, or perhaps not paying it any mind, he eagerly began engaging me in conversation.

"Zefra, my girl, what can I do for you today?"

With the sickliest sweetest voice I could muster I spoke, my eyes cold. "I would like to ask why there a dragons in the forbidden forest so close to the students."

Dumbledore was taken aback, while the other two were actually shocked into silence, their eyes wide and baffled, a very solid indication that they definitely weren't expecting that out of my mouth. Dumbledore finally found himself again, and softly spoke, some of his twinkling gone, "I'm sorry my dear, but I don't know what you speak of."

"Really? Because I saw them with my own two eyes. Four fully grown nesting mother dragons and their clutches are here, in the forbidden forest. What I want to know, is why they are here, and to make sure that you aren't about to use nesting mother dragons and their actual clutches in this tournament."

Even with the sweetness in my tone, they and anyone listening could tell that I was beyond pissed. And yet, they all stood there, not once answering, and not even Dumbledore could come up with a believable lie. My voice dropped, all pretence of niceties gone, and I became cold, the fury I felt burning in my eyes, causing Bagman to gulp slightly.

"Seriously? Are you all that callous of life, that you would risk the lives of your champions; 3 of which might be 17, but there is a 14-year-old competing as well. Your risking the lives of 4 people, who'll someday be Lords and Lady in our society, not to mention the baby dragons; the unborn babies? You would allow them to face nesting mothers who would do anything to protect their eggs. You would put the future of these dragons at risk for a silly game. Are you all daft, or do you really have zero braincells?"