Force Our Smiles Baby, Half Dead

yes thats a fob lyrics that has nothing to do with the chapter, but i also can not do anything right now, also when this is said and done when i have like a real break from life then this book will be under heavy editing 

--------------------------------------------------------------- 

I wake up to gracie shaking me.

"They're bringing around food, and they only give it to you if you're up."

From the look in her eyes, I can tell she learned that the hard way. I don't want to dwell on it too long but why are they keeping me alive? Its obvious im no use to them, they won't get information out of me or any self respecting killjoy. They're not even trying to make us useful by turning us into dracs or something. I always thought it this place was just about control. Control the people, what they see, hear, wear, eat, hell even think! They commodify everything, including us. They sell "party poison masks" to turn us into a joke. We're not laughing, but it doesn't help our image here.

hey party, i have actually good food, and what are you probably eating as i write this? Fuckin dog food! Haha bitch. Gracie woke me up for it. I don't really know what's gonna happen today but its like... extra quiet. I'm a little scared. Even gracie isn't talking much. If I can, I'll tell you what happened if anything does, but if not... I love you

No one's dragged away today, there's no screams, hell there aren't even any dracs other than the ones who brought food around earlier. This definitely doesn't seem good. I sit around in anticipation, my body still aching from yesterday. I can see the sun from a small window so I'd guess it's like two hours before sunset when dracs come flooding in, grabbing people and matching them out in a line. One of them grabs Gracie and I try to reach out to her but another drac grabs me and drags me away from her. In an effort to make this as unpleasant as possible I go limp so i'm completely dead weight. The drac ends up dragging me, which hurts but it's obviously shrugging.

When we see them put a mask on the first killjoy everyone starts fighting even harder. None of us would wanna live to see ourselves become a drac. I'm eating my words from before, i wish we weren't being put to use.

"Save that one for last. I have something special planned for them."

I look up and meet eyes with Korse.

"Fuck you."

He smiles sarcastically and observes all the other killjoys getting masks on them. They can't do this to gracie. She's too young, right? Actually i don't even see her anywhere. All I can really do is pray to the witch that she's safe.

"You're an asshole you know that? You're too much of a coward to fight yourself so instead your making people fight for you, whether they want to or not, and most of them don't, because you can't even spin it in a way that makes all this look worth it huh? Well guess what? It might be too late for me, but it's never too late for the killjoys out there. The ones who are still figuring out how to take you down. And when they do, oh boy it's gonna be amaz-" my sentence was cut off when he socks me in the face. "That all you fucking got, pussy boy?"

"Get them away from me."

"Oh you're not even good talk back huh? Can't fight with words so you gonna punch me and have your minions drag me away? Fucking coward! That's all you are!" I'm forced to watch my fellow killjoys be turned into dracs one by one on the other side of the room from him. Gracie isn't here, or I missed when it happened to her, but im hoping she flat out somehow got away, and she's hiding, or out already making a run for the desert.

I sit on the floor with a drac on either side of me. I consider grabbing one of their guns but thats way too much of an easy way out, but it might be the only option anymore. I don't know if anyone's coming for me. I don't know what happened to cherri, he might not have gotten away. Then no one would know we were missing for a few days, and when someone finally noticed they'd probably just think we both got ghosted. They're obviously not gonna turn me into a citizen. They tried that when they first took me with the laced food and water. I almost miss that compared to this. At least I knew someone would know I was missing. If it were me in party's shoes anyway, i'd prefer if he was dead over him being a drac. At least he's with the witch

so I just watched a ton of killjoys get turned into dracs. I dont know whats gonna happen to me next so... I hope this gets to you. I love you. So I guess that's it. This is Y/K/N, signing off.

I stick the small notebook in my jacket pocket and grab the gun from a drac, turning it on myself before anyone can stop me. Just as I pull the trigger a shot hits my hand making me drop the damn gun.

"You're not getting away that easily." korse smiles. He has great aim for a little bitch.

"Fuck you! Fuck you motherfucker! Let me die if I fucking want to!"

"Oh you'll die, but not until after I get what I need from you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in an empty white room, I don't remember getting here, and more things are slipping away. Fuck fuck fuck. I try to hold onto the memory of party poison until i'm just repeating the name. I don't know who he is but I know he's important. Party poison party poison party poison party- what was the other word? Party party party party party party-

"Look whos awake!" a cheerful woman says as she walks into the room. "I understand if you're confused, but i need you to take this medication, it should help."

I take the white pill from her and swallow it dry. What was i trying to remember?

"Im glad youre awake, we have a job for you." a bald man says from the doorway.