12 | double double take

"Day."

"What?"

"There's a sushi place right there."

"Okay." Dayna looked into the rear view mirror. "And?"

"Can we go?" Miles asked. "Please? We're almost at Hollywood Hills anyway, it'll be fine getting to my place."

"Are you serious?"

"I'm hungry," Miles said. "Pleeeeease?"

"Miles, I swear to God." Dayna sighed loudly through her nostrils. "You're not six."

"But Dayna," Miles whined, sounding even more like he was, in fact, six, "there's a coffee shop too. Come on. I haven't had decent coffee in almost two weeks."

Dayna rolled her eyes. "You're not going to shut up until I go, are you?"

"What do you think?" Miles asked. He kicked her seat again for good measure.

Dayna looked at Jensen, not in the slightest bit entertained. "It's Miles' fault if we die."

"Wha—?"

Checking over her shoulder Dayna lurched into the lane beside them to make a left turn almost immediately. Jensen held onto the bottom of her seat as the Jeep lurched. Although she wasn't looking at him, she could clearly hear Miles' head hit the window beside him.

When Dayna had started driving straight again, Miles kicked the back of her seat loudly. "You're not in Fast and Furious, Dayna. Jesus Christ."

"You're the one who wanted sushi."

"I wasn't willing to die for the sushi!"

Dayna pursed her lips. "What about the coffee?"

Miles crossed his arms and slumped his shoulders as he muttered, "You know I'm always willing to die for coffee."

"Then don't sound so offended, shit for brains."

"Don't kill Rhodes just 'cause I wanted coffee."

Jensen looked over her shoulder for a quick second. "Sometimes you have to be willing to die for coffee to get the coffee."

Miles caught Jensen's eyes and grinned as Dayna pulled into the lot. As Dayna put the Jeep into park and turned of the engine, she looked into the back seat. "Sushi or coffee first?"

"Who eats sushi before they drink coffee, Dayna?" Miles asked, wrinkling his nose.

"Who eats sushi and coffee together, Miles?" Dayna asked.

"You're so judgy," Miles said. "Christ."

"And you're disgusting," Dayna said. "Go get your food."

"You're not coming with me?"

"Did you forget my order?" Dayna asked, looking into the back. She waved her hand towards the line of shops in front of them. "Go on."

"Rhodes, what do you want?"

"I—" Jensen started. "I'm fine, thanks."

"Chicken yakisoba and coffee it is," Miles said, unbuckling his seatbelt. "Cream or sugar?"

"Double double," Jensen said. "Please? If that's okay."

"It's fine," Miles said, but frowned after a second. "But I don't know what that means."