15 | it's the great pumpkin, jensen rhodes

Despite Jensen's doubts, Liberty had been by her side since they had walked into the party. Even after the argument they'd had in the hotel room while getting ready. Because Halloween was Liberty's thing and Jensen's lack of effort had severely offended her, apparently.

            "What is that?" Liberty had asked, staring at what Jensen had put on for the party as she unbuttoned the first couple buttons on her white blouse.

            "My costume."

            "Who are you supposed to be?"

            Jensen looked down at herself and pulled at the hem of the hoodie. "Elliott. From ET."

            "Oh hell no," Liberty had said while reaching for her suitcase that was far too full for the two days they were going to spend there. "I knew you were going to pull something like this, this is not happening, not on my watch."

            Jensen had let out a groan. "Don't do this."

            "No, no, no. You are not going to a Hollywood party dressed as that fucking kid from ET. Not on my fucking watch, dude." Liberty pulled out a pink dress and held it up by the spaghetti straps before tossing it at Jensen. "Change. Now. We're going to be late if you don't hurry."

            "Libby, no."

            "I would be the worst best friend in the world if I let you go as fucking Elliott when I have a perfectly good Baby Houseman dress right here." She was adjusting the black bob wig she was wearing. Liberty had insisted that her dressing as Mia Wallace was purely for "the aesthetic" and not to make fun of Jensen, but they both knew better than to believe that.

They had yelled about whether the dress was Jensen's style or not. Whether she would be comfortable wearing a dress and why the hoodie and jeans was obviously the better look for LA in October. How her hair was already perfect for Baby and how she just needed to go for it.

            Jensen looked down at herself now. At the stupid pink dress she'd eventually put on. She'd outright refused to wear the heels Liberty had packed with said stupid pink dress. It was her compromise to changing her costume.

            "Are you okay?" Liberty asked, yelling over the music that was so loud Jensen's ears were practically ringing.

"It's just... loud. And crowded."

            Liberty sipped at her drink. "Is that all?"

            Jensen nodded, picking at a loose thread on the waist of the dress. Liberty slapped her hand. Jensen looked up at her and they exchanged agitated looks. Liberty's eyes drifted away from her to stare just over her shoulder.

            She nodded in the direction she was looking and Jensen turned around as a voice said, "Baby Houseman?"

Jensen was nearly blinded when her eyes finally rested on who Liberty was looking at.

Because Miles Fox, God bless him, was in head to toe sequins and was clearly already tipsy. That didn't stop him from carrying a solo cup in his hand and nearly spilling it as he walked. When Jensen looked closer, she could see the undeniable Los Angeles Dodgers logo across Miles' chest. He was looking at her through a pair of large square sunglasses with light purple lenses. And had he... shaved?

            Jensen's eyes widened. "Miles?"

            Miles gave a little shake and reflected the lights of the party all over the place like a human disco ball. "Elton, actually. In the flesh."