Chapter 3

Quiet, stone silence. That was all I heard in my head. Naturally there were other noises that became clearer as I started to wake up. The soft chatter of the humans, the loud, roaring rumble of the machine i was in. Strange scents too. I was being moved. But to where?

I tried to lift my head, prying my eyes open against the light. I didn't get far though, as my head was slammed back to the ground. A low growl crept through my throat in return. The machine jerked to a stop and I was unhooked from my chains. Before i could try to stand i was picked up and brought outside. And was promptly dumped on the ground. I gasped, the sudden pain startling my sleep infused limbs. I pulled myself up and bolted. It hurt to run without stretching, but it felt wonderful. The freedom of running, the wind in my fur, the scents filling my nose. I let out a slight howl of triumph, before being slammed to the ground. I yelped shocked, and struggled, trying to break free of the dog pinning me down. They chuckled, a large black mass looming over me.

"Looks like we got a new one..." They dog said, his voice cold and raspy. HIs breath smelled horrible too. I snarled at the black dog, and thrust my back paws up, shoving him off me. I moved a few steps away, head low, ears pricked, and tail raised.

"What do you want?" I said, matching my cold tone to his. I flicked an ear, noting the 3 others who surrounded me. The black male walked forward.

"Your in our territory, pup. I should be asking you that question." He narrowed his eyes at me. "What's your name, intruder?" He asked finally. I blinked startled. My name? I couldn't use my number. Or my old name..... My gaze flicked around, trying to come up with something. An image flashed through my mind. The weird marking on my back. It was square shaped, and yet curled around. Kinda like how a maze would look. "Maze." I said finally, meeting his gaze. The black dog chuckled coldly.

"Well then, MAZE. Get off my territory." He paused. "BOYS. Escort her off." He flicked his tail and stepped back. The other dogs shifted so they were in front of me and started to force me backwards. I snarled, and turned starting to pad the way they were forcing me.

Down several streets and several dark, dirty alleyways i was escorted through their territory. Finally, they stopped suddenly. I stopped too, but a menacing growl quickly urged me on. Guess this is the end of their territory... I thought, shaking out my fur. I sniffed the air, before continuing on much more carefully. In the back of my mind i was coming up with a plan. I would not be bullied into submission by those mangy bone-heads. I raised my tail, a sly grin spreading across my face. I wouldn't bow to anyone. Everyone would bow to me. 

(Screeee, hey guys, Cobra here. Sorry the chapter was kinda short! Glad you all are enjoying the story!)