08

𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬

The battle for Bucky Barnes (or rather the Winter Soldier) was ongoing

The battle for Bucky Barnes (or rather the Winter Soldier) was ongoing. And nobody was giving up — hence why Tony Stark has gone to Queens to recruit a 15-year old kid — Spiderman.

But he wasn't the only one gathering allies — Clint Barton was on his way to get his. Accompanied by Pierre Maximoff, of course.

"How you doing? You good?" Clint asked Pietro as they walked towards Avengers HQ — it was time for brother and sister to reunite.

Clint hadn't lost touch with Pietro, not after everything the man had done for him. There would always, always be a part of him that cared for the younger man — the man who had sacrificed himself so he could live.

If it wasn't for Ava, Clint would have Pietro's blood on his hands. But he didn't.

"I'm good." Pietro smiled, thinking about Ava and the lady who worked at the grocery store around the corner from their home. "Very good. And you?"

"Eh, I'm good too. Can't say I haven't missed this, though." Clint commented, aiming his arrow a distance away from the HQ. It'd provide the perfect distraction.

"No, no. I'll take it further." Pietro told him, stealing the explosive arrow from him before running.

As he was running, he realised that he too had missed this. The feeling of running in the way only he could — the way nothing could stop him and how nobody could see him. He missed the blue trail that marked all the places he'd been — but only for a second before they disappeared.

Maybe he wasn't all that bothered about Steve calling him and Ava away from home.

After slowing down, he quickly threw the arrow a couple metres ahead of him, before dashing and standing beside Clint, slightly out of breath.

"Huh. I guess you did get it further." Clint shrugged, only receiving a smirk from the oldest Maximoff twin. "Let's go." Clint spoke quickly after noticing Vision depart. Pietro grabbed him, and ran with a hand on his neck until they arrived in the kitchen, where his sister stood.

A knife was hurtled across the room, stopping only inches from Clint's face. His eyes crossed slightly as he stared at it.

"Guess we shoulda knocked." He spoke jokingly.

"Oh my god!" Wanda gaped at the two, thinking Clint was on his farm and Pietro was at home with Ava. "What are you doing here?" She asked, concerned and confused.