09

𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬

Ava, Steve, Sam and Bucky were all in an underpass, meeting with one of Steve's allies who was going to give them their gear back.

Steve opened his door, stepping out to meet with the blonde girl.
"Not sure you understand the concept of a getaway car." Sharon Carter stated as Steve approached. There was a teasing tone to her voice.

"It's low profile." Steve replied simply, glancing back at the car containing his three friends. Sharon nodded at his reply.

"Good, because this stuff tends to draw a crowd." She spoke as she opened the trunk of her car. Sat inside was both Sam and Steve's gear. Steve smiled faintly at the woman when they looked back to each other.

"Can you move your seat up?" Bucky asked Sam, feeling squished in the back, but not wanting to move closer to Ava.

"No." Sam replied.

Ava rolled her eyes.

"I owe you again." Steve told Sharon, smiling gently at her. She smiled back faintly, before looking past him and to his getaway car.

"Keeping a list. You know, he kinda tried to kill me." She spoke, raising an eyebrow at the super soldier. He raised his eyebrows slightly, turning to look back at his childhood best friend.

"Sorry. I'll put it on the list, too. They're going to come looking for you." Steve stated, as though she wouldn't have realised the risk she was taking by helping him.

"I know."

The two leaned closer together, before they finally kissed.

"Thank you, Sharon." Steve said, smiling down at the woman in his arms.

"That was..." she trailed off, smiling up at him. He nodded at her, feeling the same thing.

"Late." He acknowledged.

"Damn right! I... should go." Sharon replied, grinning at Steve, who smiled right back — despite the tension of his situation.

"Okay."

"Just move over!" Ava finally snapped at Sam, who stubbornly refused to listen to the child. He glanced at her, but didn't make a move to budge his seat up. "You'd think I wasn't the youngest!" She scoffed, before glancing over to Bucky. She moved over so she was closer to the door. "You can move over here."

"Thanks." Bucky said, slightly uncomfortable.

Steve pulled the old, battered car into a space beside a large grey van. He opened the door, climbing out, closely followed by Ava who stumbled and nearly fell.

"Cap." Clint Barton greeted, jumping out of the van with a hard look on his face.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice." Steve told the retired man — he was well aware that Clint was out of this life, and wanted to be with his children and wife.

"Hey man, you're doing me a favour. Besides, I owe a debt." Clint spoke, eyes turning to Wanda as she approached.

"Thanks for having my back." Steve told the
Maximoff, who nodded with a serious expression.

"It was time to get off my ass." Wanda told him, a faint smile on her lips. Before anything else could be said, a small body collided with Wanda's, nearly causing her to fall over.

"Auntie Wanda!" Ava cheered, hugging the woman tightly. "I've missed you so much! It's been unbearable in the silly car. Especially with Sam. Where's Piet? Is he here?" Ava questioned after she separated from Wanda. Wanda grinned at the girl, seeing her look around her.

Before Wanda could answer, Pietro had snatched her up and tossed her over his shoulder.
"Ah! Piet, put me down!" She laughed, eyes wide with joy.

Steve couldn't help but regret his decision to call the two in to help.

Unfortunately for team Cap, it had come to the point of no return. They'd have to fight to get Bucky to safety, and to save the world.

But their team was strong.

It consisted of Steve, Bucky, Wanda, Clint, Scott, Sam, Pietro and Ava. Surely they couldn't lose, right? They had to win. This was a fight against family — but it was all for the greater good.

So... what happens when only one side knows about the greater good?

author's note!—

so hi. this is a short and terrible chapter & im sorry.
i really haven't been feeling motivated since wattpad
decided to delete the original version of this chapter.
i can't get it the same so this is what im going with
for now. but when im feeling some more inspiration
for this story, i will probably come back & completely
rewrite this trashy chapter.

also... quick rant :

commenting about updates/lack of updates isn't going to make anybody update any faster. in fact, it just makes us feel worse. we have other things & priorities & stories etc... you
aren't making us feel better, you're making us feel bad for not
updating even though we can't help that.

rant over.

enjoy the rest of your day/night.