006. code fury

› CHAPTER SIX ‹

› CHAPTER SIX ‹

Raleigh hid away by himself in a corner of the musty smelling hotel he and his classmates were staying at for the night. Everyone from his class trip were crowded in the lobby watching the news on the small television screen and trying to come to terms with everything that had just happened. They were all, fortunately, safe after the attack. They were just shaken up, but more than anything, they were excited to learn whatever they could about the recent occurrence.

Raleigh had long since changed out of his dripping wet clothing and was now in a pair of sweat pants and a long-sleeved shirt, that he would put back on after taking a needed shower. In his dominant hand was his cell phone, which had surprisingly survived the plunge in the water. 

"Do you know if you're going to be returning home, yet?" Trystan's slightly worried tone filled Raleigh's ear and the boy leaned his forehead into the wall and closed his eyes. 

"I don't know, I think we're still planning to stay. It was just one attack and no one got hurt. And there was someone who got rid of it." Raleigh explained, his voice thick with exhaustion. He peaked at the television, which was showing a loop of the stranger attacking the water beast. "You don't know anything about who that guy was, do you?"

"No, this is the first time I've seen him on the news," Trystan explained. "He kind of looked like Doctor Strange, yeah?"

"Yeah. Yeah, kind of." He was glad he wasn't the only one who saw the uncanny resemblance in how he dressed and how the powers acted. They were even green like Doctor Strange's was when he used the Time Stone! The only big difference that Raleigh could tell, or at least could assume from what he witnessed, was that this guy's powers didn't activate from any magic or sorcery, but instead seemed to be a part of him—kind of like how Raleigh's powers were a part of him. That brought a lot of questions, because who is this guy and where did he come from, and why did he just decide to appear as this monster showed up?

Chills ran down his spine.

"You are okay, right?" Trystan whispered with concern.

Raleigh sighed. This was the first big battle Raleigh had been included in since the defeat of Thanos and his army. For eight months, he and Peter had only been dealing with the crime of regular human beings and hadn't come across anything supernatural or abnormal in that entire time. There was, of course, going to be worry that Raleigh was going to relapse back into the mentality he was in after Tony died.

"Yeah, totally."

He didn't know if he was the definition of okay, but he was handling things better then he thought he would. So maybe he lied when he answered Trystan, but he liked to think he wasn't.

Attempting to make the situation more uplifting, while also bringing up the other elephant in the room, Trystan turned the situation onto something else. "I guess it was a good thing May made sure I packed your suit."