018. going home

› CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ‹

"Is Trystan going to be okay with us?"

Raleigh turned away from where Mr. Harrington was ordering them to stand while he talked to some airport attendant and hummed in question at Peter. He ran his palm over his mouth as he looked around the crowded Heathrow Airport. It was chaotic. People were dragging one another wherever they were going while the televisions scattered around the building played the news of what had gone down hours ago. It was loud, and if he hadn't been standing as close as he was to Peter, he was sure he wouldn't have heard the question.

"Yeah," Raleigh answered after thinking about it for a moment. All Trystan wanted from Raleigh was for him to be happy, and he felt safe knowing the sex or gender of the person he was dating wouldn't matter to him. As long as the person treated him the way he should, Trystan would be happy. "What about May?"

Raleigh didn't expect the question to cause much of a reaction, but he was surprised when Peter's skin turned crimson. "She actually... she knows. Not about us being together! But about how I feel. She was the one who actually told me to do something about it..."

He breathed easily, knowing May Parker wasn't going to stop inviting him and Trystan over for the occasional dinners. Still, the thought of Peter sitting with May and talking about his crush while May gave him advice caused an amused smirk to play on his lips. "That's kinda cute."

Whether Peter planned to say something, he would never knowthough, with how puffed up his cheeks were, Raleigh didn't expect onebecause Mr. Harrington got whatever answer he needed from the attendant, and with Mr. Dell's help, he rounded all their students up and pointed them in the direction they needed to go in. Since no one really had any luggage, just the bag on their back, security screening went relatively fast. Fortunately, Jaron had kept his and Peter's passport on him, so things went as smoothly in that department as they had when they had left the States days prior. Everything seemed to be going smoothly since they "reunited."

Somehow Mr. Harrington and Mr. Dell didn't question why Peter and Raleigh had suddenly returned to them after being told they were extending their vacation by both May and Trystan. All Raleigh told them was that their guardians changed their minds about them visiting Peter's family and wanted them to return home as soon as possible. Considering Europe was being "plagued by witches, and now, their very-own technology," as Mr. Dell stated it, they understood Peter's aunt and Raleigh's guardian's decision. No one questioned the unusualness of their disappearance and reappearance, but Brad Davis' looks said enough. He was distrustful of them.

When he asked Jaron what happened with Brad while he was gone, all the boy said was Brad wasn't having a very good week and was now labeled as the student who takes pictures of people in the bathroom. As confused as he was, Raleigh didn't ask anything further. Mostly because Jaron appeared to be in a good mood, and Raleigh didn't want either Jaron's or his own jubilant state to falter because of someone's personal issues.