014. welcome to the netherlands

› CHAPTER FOURTEEN ‹

Peter Parker, covered in soot and blood, snored quietly, the pinched nerves in his side's causing a tiny but continuous twitch to occur through his body. His head lobbed to the side, resting on the shoulder of a man with the Netherlands flag painted on his cheeks and a long orange wig under an orange hat. Uncomfortably, Peter's head lolled forward, and with a sudden jolt, he woke up. The unexpected movement roused his body up, and for a few seconds, he blinked, completely unaware of his new surroundings. That is until his brain caught up and alerted him of everything that happened with Mysterio and that he was currently staring at a set of painted penitentiary bars.

A shift of movement to his left caused a snap of his neck as he turned to it. His eyebrows pinched together as he stared at a couple dressed in bright orange t-shirts and covered in face paint. The man sitting nearest to Peter, a man with blond hair and wearing a floral hat, grinned at him.

"Hi."

Peter cringed slightly. His voice was small and rough as he questioned the two overly happy men. "Where am I?"

The man on the other side of the blond man grinned at Peter. An act that didn't seem to fit the answer. "Municipal holding facility."

The blond hat guy nodded and returned to Peter. "They said they found you and your buddy unconscious at the train yard. Very dangerous."

Your buddy. Peter's eyes widened, and he sat up abruptly. His spine popped, and pins and needles shot up his back. He hissed through his teeth as his attempt to move more than a few inches failed, and his back collided back against the wall. One hand clutched onto an orange shirt draped over his body, and the other pressed into the wooden bench. He looked at the blond guy, who appeared to recognize the immediate panic in Peter.

"It's not to worry. He's doing alright." He pointed to the other side of Peter and his direction and recoiled when he realized another strange man was sitting right beside him, not realizing that he had been sleeping on his shoulders moments earlier.

After recovering from the momentary shock, Peter noticed the head of black hair on the other side. His cheek was pushed into the fake orange-haired man's shoulder, and even from how he was laying, Peter could clearly see the blood and bruises coating his features. It brought a twisting feeling to surge in his stomach. The wrist bands that Tony had gifted him were still securely wrung around his wrists, which were popping out from behind an orange sport shirt draped over his upper body.

"He woke up a couple of times already, but he wasn't ever up for long."

"We gave you two shirts because you both seemed a bit cold." The man the two teens have been sleeping against explained with a small smile.

Peter nodded, his heart hammering against his chest as he glanced from Raleigh and to the other men. Something told him this all was real and wasn't apart of any illusion. "Thanks. You guys are nice. You speak really good English."