008. try that again

› CHAPTER EIGHT ‹

› CHAPTER EIGHT ‹

The bus slowed down to a stop as they rolled in front of an empty shop. The class had been sitting on the bus for just over an hour and a half at that point and everyone was busting for the restroom or were looking forward to something to snack on. Mr. Dell was visibly thrilled about the recess as he cheered loudly while dancing uncomfortably in his seat. Dimitri ignored him and Mr. Harrington, who was calling for a student lineup, as he slid open the bus doors. 

"Petrol and toilets. Ten minutes!" Dimitri yelled to the group of teens and adults while stepping out first. The class followed and Mr. Dell pushed through them all cheering about the toilets. Betty was gushing about how beautiful the area was, whilst holding Ned's hand. Raleigh was right behind the couple with Peter just trailing him, and he had every intention to follow his friend's to the shop, until he stepped off the bus and was immediately stopped by Dimitri holding out his hand. Peter steadied himself with Raleigh's backpack to stop him from falling on top of him.

"What?" Peter leaned over Raleigh's shoulder to figure out what the older male wanted.

Dimitri didn't say anything, instead opting to point to the left of where their class had disappeared inside a bakery shop. Both teens followed where the man was aiming and found an open doorway with a blonde woman standing between the doorframe. When she realized they saw her, she stepped back inside the building.

"Sure. That's not sketchy at all," Raleigh grumbled to himself, walking across the gravel and towards the doorway. Peter was right on his heel, carefully examining their surroundings, while Raleigh kept his focus solely on the entrance. Yet, as they neared the entrance, Peter took the initiative to step through it first, while Raleigh stayed behind him, looking around at the weird knickknacks that covered the walls and ceiling of the very dim, cabin-like, building. In the middle of the room stood the blonde woman, her arms crossed, and her expression hard. 

"Hello." Peter greeted the woman as brightly as he could in the unusual situation they were all in.

"Close the door." The woman said, her accent thick. Raleigh glanced at the door and did as the stranger demanded.

"Um..." Peter swallowed nervously and stepped towards her. He extended his hand. "I'm Peter Parker—"

"Take off your clothes." She cut him off, not interested in the two teenagers' names. 

"I'm sorry?" Raleigh sputtered, his mouth falling open, and his body growing warm.

"You said Spider-Man and Aureate cannot be seen in Europe." She grabbed something black from the foosball table beside her and held it out to the two teenagers. "So I made you these, new suits."

Raleigh cocked his head and narrowed his eyes on the bundle of clothes the woman was holding out to them. His hands habitually wrung together. That wasn't what they had in mind when Peter explained their situation. It was more of a, if they disappeared again during a crazy event and show up again after, people may start questioning them more then they already were.