4

I/We kept to this routine for the next few days. I was hoping to step things up a bit by taking him out somewhere for dinner this weekend. I knew he liked western cuisines. I already checked a few that had French dishes. Yesterday evening, I went and tested them myself and picked a place that I deemed to serve the tastiest stuff. So, I got a little late to meet him. When I went there, I saw him looking at the wall clock, then at the corner I occupied the last few days I was here. His sadness was palpable. I felt guilty for being late and making him upset. When he saw me, he smiled at me and to someone who's not watching closely, it would've looked perfect. But I could see the sadness and insecurity in his eyes which he was desperately trying to hide with a smile. I gave a lingering kiss to his forehead, silently apologizing for the distress I caused him. My baby Perth.

***

I made sure to be on time today. He gave me a warm smile, a genuine smile. It made me as proud as a peacock to be on the receiving end of that smile once again and I couldn't help preening a little at that. It's been so long since Perth smiled like that and at me too. I stared at his handsome face stupidly, till he called my name in question. I snapped out of my dumb moment, frantically suppressing a blush and brought out our dinners, arranging them on a table. From the corner of my eye, I could see him straighten his back with a slight smirk on his face. I was happy to see it. Happy to see the smallest ounce of confidence about his effect on me. I so wanted to hug him. I could see him coming towards me in that arrogant gait of his and I gave into impulse, unable to contain myself any longer. I threw myself at him in a bear-hug, burying my nose in his soft neck, inhaling his soothing scent.

His hands came around me, holding me from my waist and back. I was elated at being in my lover's safe embrace again. It's been too long. I helplessly let out happy little whines while nuzzling his neck, then looked up at him submissively, blinking as cutely as I could. Then whined again, pouting. He chuckled fondly, kissing my forehead.

"Babe?"

I perked up. He called me 'babe'! HE CALLED ME 'BABE'!!!! I whined again in response, rubbing my face on his chest hoping to hear it again.

"So cute."

I clung to him, happy to have such a moment with him, happy that my baby Perth is happy. A while later, I hustled him to a chair and started feeding him. Of course, he fed me my dinner too. He seemed very happy today. I looked closely, just to be sure. Yep. Definitely happy. I was quite thrilled with this development. We had a lovely meal.

As usual I went to my corner to watch him and get rest. There was a small rack of pillows near the corner. And a rolled-up futon. I turned to look at him. He smiled at me.

"P'Saint falls asleep on the chairs or the floor. It's very uncomfortable. So, I got these brought up here. Now you can rest properly while I practice."

My heart swelled as again, he took care of me, always doing his best to keep me comfortable. I hugged him, nuzzling his hair. "Thank you na baby Perth, for always taking good care of me."

"I love P'Saint na." his voice was soft, just like the other day. I squeezed him tight.

"I love you little one. I love you so very much."

He squeezed me back.

A short 'Perth POV'

P'Saint has been behaving differently for thelast few days. I wonder why. Part of me is worried that he is doing it to leaveme. You know, let me down gently, because he's a nice guy. The thought tormentsme. But there was nothing I could do about it. I will accept his wishes if itcomes to that. For now, I will enjoy his attentions, coz that's all I'll beleft with once he's gone.