Chapter 1: The Lightsaber

Rey's POV

Nothing seems to be going my way. The only reason I even dared to leave Jakku was because we were being followed by the first order, and it was that either escape or get killed. And besides that, we just couldn't let them have BB-8 since the small droid claims to have very important information to the resistance.

When I first came across Finn and he made me believe he was from the resistance I figured out him was the only way to get BB-8 back to the resistance base, but it all turned out to all be a lie. Finn confessed to me that he wasn't from the resistance and that instead, he was a stormtrooper. That he refused to follow orders and managed to escape with the help of a resistance pilot. The same pilot who brought BB-8 to Jakku and later got captured by the First Order. Finn is now a fugitive and he is trying to get as far away from the First Order.

I honestly don't know how he managed to hold that lie for so long. He would of spare us a lot of trouble by just saying the truth and I would have tried to find another way to help BB-8. But instead, I blindly believed him and went with him on a mission that would have taken us anywhere.

The good side of all of this is that we stumbled across Han Solo and Chewie, and due to the circumstances of us having the millennium falcon, and also the one droid in the whole galaxy that holds the map to Luke Skywalker they decided to help us. Who would have thought? Before all of these events, I thought that Luke Skywalker was a myth, but it turned out to all be true. The many stories I always heard the other scavengers tell to each other might end up being true.

I look over at Finn as he walks away after telling me his whole truth. Now I understand why he feels the need to run away so much. He asked me to go with him but I just couldn't and the reason is simple. I feel responsible for BB-8. I wish Finn would stay with me and get this mission over. Maybe he can find a place in the resistance and after this, I can just go back to Jakku and still hope for my family to come back for me.

I stand there when suddenly I start hearing a child screaming for help. I turned around concerned trying to follow the voice across the crowd. When suddenly I reach some staircase that leads to some sort of basement and I start walking down, BB-8 following behind me. I walk across some hallways still following the voice.

All of this seems so strange to me the child who is screaming sounds way too familiar. They are the same screams I get at night when I dream of the day my family left me. I keep walking across the hallway when suddenly I hear a beep sound and the door next to me opens instantly. I turn around and stare at it for a second a bit unsure before stepping in the room that just opened by itself. I don't know why but I feel like if someone saw me here I would get in trouble, but I'm so driven to whatever is inside that room that I can't hold myself not to.

I look around noticing all types of objects, most of them look like they have been sitting there for decades. My eye catches a small wooden box that looks kind of like a treasure chest, but whatever is inside its calling to me. I walk up to it slowly and lean down opening the small box unhurriedly a bit hesitant about what I might unveil.

I open the box and the first thing I see is a handle of some sort of weapon. I look at it for a second trying to wrap my head around what this object might be. Could this really be a lightsaber? The ones that were used by the Jedi's long time ago? It might be, but only if those stories are true.

I reach my hand to it and try to hold it when unexpectedly I hear a loud electricity noise and all the lights go off the box closing off instantly. I look around my surroundings and I notice I'm no longer in the room I was in. Instead, I was in some sort of hallway. I stand up quickly scared of my surroundings and try running away when suddenly the walls start crumbling down and I fall into the ground.

All of a sudden it's raining and everything around me is up in flames. All of this feels and looks so real, to a point where I can even feel the heat from the fire around me. I try looking up and see a droid standing in the middle of all the chaos and a man with a hood and a robotic hand placing it on top of the droid.

I hear the rumble of loud thunder and turn around as I see a group of creatures all of them with masks on, but one of them stands out. It is holding a lightsaber and with it, the figure is killing innocent people. I stand up and take a look at them completely horrified when suddenly the one holding the lightsaber glances back at me and starts walking in my direction and my first instinct is to take a few steps back.

Then the sound that got me in here abruptly comes back. I quickly turn around and my environment changes instantly. I am back in Jakku. I look over and see a little girl who is being held back by a man. She is screaming at the top of her lungs "Come back!" and a robotic sounding voice tells her to stay quiet. It doesn't take me much to realize that girl is me. The girl keeps screaming and I hear a loud spaceship take off. I immediately turn around looking at it go away in the distance.

I have no idea what is occurring but I want it to end now. I keep looking at the spaceship when suddenly everything turns black again, and I'm in some sort of forest with snow surrounding me. I turn around quickly and start running trying to get as far away from whatever this is. When suddenly I see a red light flash in front of me and that's when I see it again. The same figure that killed all those innocent people a few seconds ago. I take a step back and fall back to the ground my surroundings shifting instantly. I am back inside Maz's castle.

I look around noticing Maz walking down the hallway towards me. BB-8 also around me moving towards me a bit concerned.

"What was that?" I ask Maz quickly getting up. "I shouldn't have gotten in there." I say my voice a bit unsteady since I am frightened of whatever just happened.

"That Lightsaber was Luke's, and his father's before him, and now it calls to you." She says to me completely astonished.

"I have to get back to Jakku." I respond quickly. Maybe all of this is an error I shouldn't have left.

Maz looks over to me and nods slowly taking her glasses off. "Han told me..." She says comfortingly and stretched out her hand out for me to grab.

I look at her hand a bit skeptical but take it and lean down to her height staring back at her. Maybe she has an explanation after all from what I've heard she is over 1000 years old.

"Dear child, I see your eyes, you already know the truth. Whoever you're waiting for in Jakku, they're never coming back."

I look back at her my expression breaking, my eyes gradually filling up with tears. I look down as tears flow down my face. She is right, but there was still a part of me that had hope that maybe someday ill find my parents again.

"But, there's someone who still could." She says to me trying to reassure me.

"Luke..." I whisper looking at her. Tears still falling down my eyes.

"The belonging you seek it's not behind you. It is ahead. I am no Jedi, but I know the force. It moves through and surrounds every living thing." She says to me as if she saw right through me. All my life I've been seeking for a place where I belong. I always thought it would be with my family, but I waited restless days and nights and no one ever came for me.

"Close your eyes, feel it," Maz says to me closing her own eyes but I just stare back at her. "The light, it's always been there. It will guide you." She explains and as soon as she finished she opened her eyes.

I keep looking back at her in utter shock when suddenly she asks me to keep the saber, and I instantly stand up completely startled. "I'm never touching that thing again. I don't want any part on this" I respond panic being evident in my voice.

I turn around and start running out of the basement and shortly after getting out of Maz's castle. Whatever happened when I touched that thing I don't want that to happen ever again. I keep running into the forest not daring to go back. I just need to go back to Jakku. I don't care what happens at least back in Jakku I didn't have to deal with crazy visions of murderous creatures or any of that force nonsense.