Chapter 3: The Girl

AN: This chapter is going to be a little all over the place. This is the first Chapter written in Kylo's perspectives so I have to give him some background of how he got to where the last chapter ended. So I apologize beforehand if it's a bit confusing. It will all make sense eventually.
_________

Kylo Ren's POV

I stand still inside the Star Destroyer admiring the view as the Starkiller Base as it fires its superweapon. The large beam drifts across space at a very high speed slowly dividing into many other smaller beams towards every single planet of the Hosnian system.

At least there is one thing that's going according to plan since we went looking for the map that leads to Skywalker, and that is the Star Killer Base superweapon working as it should. Finding that map has become a challenge and I'm not giving up.

Everything was going relatively decent when all of a sudden the First Order obtained information about someone who had the map that leads to Skywalker. And out of the planets we searched for turns out it was all this time in Jakku. Out of all planets in the galaxy, it had to be on that junk planet. Getting there was easy but turned out being completely worthless.

When I arrived in Jakku I got out of my ship as fast as I could. The stormtroopers that arrived earlier were looking for the map and tearing everything and everyone who got in their way.  I saw a few stormtroopers holding an old man captive and to my surprise, this man was Lor San Tekka. Of course, if there was someone who knew about the map it was certainly him. But since he refused to comply and even dared to talk about my past I had no other option to slaughter him.

That's when I saw the resistance pilot who attempted firing his blaster towards me but he should have known better. I took him as prisoners and that's how I gathered the information that the map was inside a droid, a BB-Unit to be specific. But since everyone in this ship is worthless the pilot managed to escape with the help of one of our stormtroopers.

When I heard the news I knew what it was all about, the resistance pilot managed to escape with the assistance of FN-2187. When I was in Jakku I sensed skepticism from FN-2187 he was uncertain and refused to follow direct orders. I should have killed him right in the spot but I decided to spare him only because I trusted the First Order and our stormtrooper training but clearly, something went completely wrong with this one. This mistake could actually cost us the map if the pilot gets to the droid before us. And that's not it, I was informed that FN-2187 was spotted back in Jakku helping the droid escape with some girl, and the worse is that they managed to flee the planet and the ship they took was unable to be located.

At my meeting with Snoke, he asked me if I felt an awakening, and in fact, I did but I was unable to tell exactly what was happening. It was the first time I felt an awakening in the force after all these years. All I can speculate is that someone of my level is slowly rising. Someone who is strong with the force just like me. The force has to always be balanced dark and light will always coexist but somehow whoever this individual is I can tell they have shut down the force until now or somehow they just found out they possess it.

But that is not exactly what Supreme Leader Snoke wanted to tell me. He wanted to let me know that the droid we are looking for was aboard the Millennium Falcon in the hands of my father, Han Solo. I can tell Snoke is starting to doubt my strength he can sense the light that is still inside of me no matter how much I try to take it out.

All of these years and I still haven't been able to shut down completely the light inside of me, and that is starting to become a problem. I want to follow my grandfather's steps but I can't if there is still light inside of me, but I will do as it takes to get rid of it once and for all.

So now here I am about to board my ship to get to Takodana since we obtained information that droid was located there a few moments ago. Again with FN-2187 and that girl I've been talked about so often lately. I get inside my ship and sit down waiting to get to Takodana trying to prepare myself mentally for what I might face. All I can hope for is to avoid my father while I'm there. After all these years I am still not ready to face him yet.

When my ship enters the atmosphere I instantly sense a presence and I feel driven to it. As the ship starts to land I start getting up and walking towards the exit impatient to get out. Whoever this presence is I need to find it.

As soon as I leave the shuttle and start walking around all the chaos I shortly hear a stormtrooper speak to me. "Sir, the droid was spotted heading west. With a girl." I hear him say. I instantly sense the presence I've been feeling this whole time coming from the same direction the stormtrooper was talking about. Could this girl be that same presence?

I start heading west walking across the forest trying to follow my senses but get distracted for a second by loud noises of speeders entering the atmosphere. The resistance, they are here. I keep trying to focus and become more aware of my environment I can feel her I am so close to her.

Suddenly I see her across a corner and I ignite my lightsaber. Is this really her? By the looks of it, she is scared which puts me in an advantage. She might have the force but I can overpower her quickly, after all, I'm trained and skilled with the force and she certainly isn't.  She grabs her blaster and starts shooting in my direction but I deflect every single blast with my lightsaber.

I keep following her and she keeps shooting but of course, it's useless she's got nothing on me. She gets up a small cliff and I follow behind her she suddenly turns around and attempts to aim her blaster again to me but I quickly extend my arm out to her using telekinesis to hold her still.

I stand in front of her and stare at her for a second. She is completely clueless about what I'm doing. I can tell by the look in her face that she is trying so hard to move but is totally unable to do so. I walk towards her and stop a few feet away from her.

"The girl I've hear so much about." I say to her smirking to myself inside my mask.

I walk past her and stand behind her I can feel her getting anxious by it. Am I supposed to be concerned about this girl having the force? She is untrained and clearly doesn't know anything about it.

"The Droid," I say with a small pause. "Where is it?" I ask this time moving my lightsaber close to her neck the bright red saber reflecting on her olive skin, but she gives no answer.

I suddenly put my lightsaber down and walks in front of her this time extending my hand towards her forehead attempting to get inside her head. She closes her eyes tightly trying to resist it but her fear is not allowing her. Turns out she is more useful than I thought.

"The map." I say. She opens her eyes and I keep my hand still extended in her direction. "You've seen it." I say a bit of shock. She stares back at me in fear I can tell she was not expecting that I would get that information so quickly.

"Sir, Resistance fighters. We need more troops." I hear a stormtrooper say to me and I turn around facing them but not letting go of the girl.

"Pull the division out. Forget the droid, we have what we need." I commend them and they nod walking away. I turn around towards the girl and force stun her. I catch her as she is about to fall and pick her up carrying her to my ship.

________
AN: Hi everyone, I hope you all are enjoying the story as much as I am writing it. This chapter was a bit tricky to write since its Kylo's perspective but trying to get in his shoes was so much fun. If you enjoyed this chapter please don't forget to vote and comment it does help me a lot to keep going with this story.