thunderstorm

BOOM!

My head popped up from my pillow as I jolted awake. Looking out the window, a flash of lightning flickers across the sky. I raised my eyebrows at the loud thunder, slightly shaking the house. Man, it's raining hard. When I look down at Timothée, his face is comfortably buried in his warm blankets. He was in such a deep sleep, i'm pretty sure he wouldn't hear a thing if the world was ending. I smiled softly at his peaceful breathing, glancing at the clock. Damn, it was 4 in the morning. I contemplated on making a cup of tea in hopes that it would help me sleep. Wandering out of the dark bedroom, I make my way to the kitchen. The thunder rattles once again, and the rain drops against the roof intensify. The sounds relax me, embracing me in a warm blanket of safety.
A yawn escapes my mouth as the water boils on the stove, I choose an herbal chamomile tea. The sweet scent flowed softly in the air, and I couldn't help but close my eyes and breathe it in. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my waist.
"Oh!" I jumped at the sudden contact. When I turned around, Timothée stood there, eyes droopy, his hair all fluffed up and messy.
"Sorry, sorry babe." He smiles, tone both concerned and amused. I love his voice when he wakes up, it's deeper than usual, and sometimes when he speaks, his words become raspy.
"You scared me, thought I was the first victim in a horror movie for a second." I grab onto my mug, preparing to pour the steaming water. Once again, the warmth of his hands gently grab onto my waist. He fully cuddles me, resting his head on my shoulder.
"Ooh, tea. Sounds really nice right now actually."

"Did the thunder wake you up too?" I asked.

"The bed got cold without you in it."

I couldn't see his face but I knew he was smirking to himself. Couldn't blame him though, it made me smile too. Reaching to open the cabinet, a bottle of honey awaits. I flip the cap and squeeze it into the cup. Timothée nuzzles his face into my neck, and I can't help but turn around.
"Do you want a cup love?"
He nods.
The way he stood in his sweater and plaid pjs with a major case of bed head made him look so adorable. I lean in to kiss him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

...

There we were on the porch, tea cups in hand, snuggled on the rocking bench. We silently watched the rain trickle onto tree leaves, car windows, and rooftops. It was such a beautiful moment shared with him.

"I wouldn't swap this moment for the world." I whispered, taking a sip of the sweet liquid.
"I wouldn't either, you are my world."
Timothée looks into my eyes before grinning softly.

"Sooo cheesy!" I giggle and facepalm at his words.
"Okay yeah, yeah I know." He blushed, and buries his face into his steaming cup.
Suddenly, there was a loud blast of thunder that jump scared us both, and a flash of lightening so bright that I could see his terrified facial expression clearly. Some of his tea spills onto his wrist and I suppressed a giggle.
"Oh god." He groans, wiping his hand on his sweater.
"Did you burn yourself?"
"And half of my tea is on the ground." He looks down at his feet in disappointment.
"I keep replaying your face in my mind," I laughed.
"Babe, that sound came out of no where!" He extends his arm to the sky, as if to make a statement.
My cup is pretty much empty and my eyes struggled to stay open.

After about 45 minutes, we head inside to go back to bed. The sheets are cool as my legs slide underneath the covers. Timothée stands beside the bed, and starts to remove his sweater.
"Lucky me." I admire him as he undresses and hops in after me.
"Come here." He whispers against my neck and cradles me from behind. Our bodies entangle, and soon we drift back into a peaceful sleep.

 Our bodies entangle, and soon we drift back into a peaceful sleep