the interview

"Is there anything you need before we begin? Would you like something to drink?"
"Water's fine, thank you." He smiles at the interviewer, Caroline. She nods and quickly walks away.
Timothée Chalamet was arriving for an interview today. The thought of him being in the same proximity as me brewed both excitement and nervousness inside. Originally, it was me who was going to ask the questions, but Caroline decided to swoop in and steal the position. Always trying to find a way to sabotage me.
"Y/N! Can you fetch me a water bottle? Timothee needs one."
What a bitch.
I glared at her.
"What? Fetch you a water bottle? I didn't know I was a dog."
She just rolls her eyes.
"Hurry up, don't keep him waiting." and with that, Caroline dramatically walks back to the set.

...

A smile spread across my cheeks as multiple scenarios swirled my mind. Handing Timothée a beverage. It was simple yet so complex, and made my heart tremble. My hips swayed to the break-room as I practiced my "walk". No, maybe that's too extra. Should I be sly and sultry or casual cool? Maybe you're overthinking it. Just be yourself.

I went over to the fridge and opened it, skimming what was inside. A perfectly chilled bottle sits in the center. I hadn't seen him yet. Would I be able to introduce myself without Caroline swatting me away like a nuisance?

Everyone did their own tasks, checking the cameras, testing the microphones, setting the lighting. Delivering whatever our special guests asked for. Hesitation filled me as I walked into the room where Timothée sat, having a conversation with Caroline. Oh, wow. Just LOOK at how gorgeous he is. He wore a simple black long-sleeve, his hair soft and delicate, reflecting in the light. Eyes were relaxed, focused on the people around him. Those lips, so plush and pink. Don't even get me started. Inhaling deeply, I strolled over to him.

"Here you are."

-Timothee's POV-

Another voice speaks to me, and I lose focus of what the interviewer was saying previously. And then I see her. A gorgeous woman stands nervously, holding out a water bottle.
"Oh, wow. Thank you," I feel myself stutter. My eyes examine her more closely. This beauty gleamed with such passion. She stares at me for a moment before the interview girl speaks.
"Okay yeah. Go on now." She does this movement with her hand, like she's shooing her. The woman who's name remains unknown vanishes before my eyes, as if she was only a dream.

"What's you're name?" I question the interviewer in front of me. Caroline, she says.
"And what's hers?"
Caroline is quiet, she hesitates to tell me.
"I... actually don't know her name..." She looks down, ashamed. Of course, it was clear to me that she was lying. It didn't matter though. Knowing me, i'd figure it out eventually.

...

The questions she asks are back to back, and although I answer them the best to my ability, there's only one thought, like a bunch of flies buzzing around my ear, that keep swarming. It's hard to be present, because all I can think about is the woman's doe eyes and her gaze. Almost as if that one interaction just wasn't enough. I decided not to think of what this meant, this feeling was foreign to me. I decided to not be frightened by it, or confused and instead flow with it.

-Your POV-

Making my way to the break room, all I could hear was my heart practically pounding out of my chest. I had never felt such a rush like that in my entire life. Meeting this one person, even just for a few seconds left me in a trance. Not even Caroline could ruin how liberating it felt. In fact, part of me contemplated on going back to take another peek. Whatever the risk, I refused to let that blonde little snob tell me what to do.
A few minutes go by, and finally enough courage has built up inside of me to just start walking back into the interviewing room. The closer I get, the more hesitant. But my body kept moving, knowing that if I stopped now, i'd regret it for the rest of my life. Yes, when it comes to Timothée Chalamet, it's that serious.
The room was very quiet now, except for the echo of his voice, awkwardly stumbling on words as he tries to explain things. I caught a glimpse of him right away and instantly felt like melting into the ground. After a few seconds his eyes meet mine, and his expression brightens, almost like he'd been waiting for me. The corners of his lips slowly slip into a smirk. I turn around to see if there was anyone else he could be looking at, but there wasn't anyone else. Just me.

 Just me

...

20 more minutes pass and the
interview is over. Caroline thanks him
for his time and tries to catch a
conversation with him as he stands up
out of his chair. She just doesn't leave him alone does she? I realized I was still in the same position when he looks over at me again.
Suddenly, he's walking toward me. It all happened so quickly that I didn't have time to react.

"Hi, i'm Timothee." He holds out his hand and smiles to greet me. I know who you are. It's cute that he still thinks he has to introduce himself. A good sign that his head isn't swelled with fame. I'm a little in shock as I shake his hand, but try not to show it.
"I'm sorry," he looks down and laughs nervously. "I saw you earlier and... what's your name?"
"I'm y/n." I respond, putting on my best friendly face.
"That's beautiful. It suits you well. Because... I mean," His face gets flustered and a slight shade pink covers his cheeks. "You're a beautiful girl and so... a beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

"That's really sweet, thank you." I feel myself blush too. Is he trying to flirt with me? I just couldn't tell. My eyes trail to his lips, and I imagine what it would feel like to kiss him. Caroline is watching me in the distance, giving me the stink eye. A man whom i've never seen before walks up to Timmy, and asks if he's ready to go. He doesn't respond at first, until,
"Uh yeah, i'll be over there in a sec."
The man nods, and proceeds to walk away.
"I don't know this might be a stretch but, I'd really like to see you again." He doesn't know what to do with his hands, until he finally settles on shoving them in his pockets.
"How can I say no?"
Oh god. I really just said that.
He sighs in relief, smiling so big that I couldn't help but smile too. I wasn't expecting such a wholesome reaction. It's so infectious. We exchange numbers as well as goodbyes, and I watch as he leaves. He suddenly stops, turns around to glance at me, and smirks before continuing to walk away.