2

"I'm assuming you may know her since you both attended the Special Forces Academy at the same time " the chief spoke and Jeno nodded glancing at the girl beside her who only looked in front of her, how could I forget the girl I always came second too.

"That great, I want you to show Jaehyun around and show her the ropes of how Dream work, she can't go into this blind so she's going to need your assistance and I believe that you will do a great job as her second in charge" The chief explained and all Jeno could do was nod, and with a small 'now go get her' from the chief the pair left Jeno feeling like his mood had drastically changed.

The officers had left the chiefs office and made their way back to the Dream HQ, getting into an elevator Jaehyun examined Jeno, he's much more muscular and bigger since she saw him at the Academy, Jaehyun was first in her year and Jeno always came in second, Jaehyun would always make an effort to befriend Jeno but he always gave her the cold shoulder, now that they're working together she hoped that maybe she could try once more, but hearing his plea before he had entered the office made her think otherwise.

"How long have you been working with SM?" Jaehyun asked slipping the mask out from her pocket and placing it into her bag, Jeno looked to his side and raised his eyebrow.

"4 years" Jeno sighed, 4 excruciating years of trying to get the chief's approval, trying his hardest to get the man to see his potential, clearly it hasn't been long enough considering circumstances.

"How do you like it her-"

"What are you doing here Jaehyun?" Jeno asked eyes wide, his eyebrows furrowed in an angry and irritated manner, Jaehyun looked at him surprised at his outburst.

"W-what do you mean?" Jaehyun mumbled staring at his dark eyes, she felt small and insecure, who would of thought that the youngest and most advanced officer in most of Seoul would cower in the face of another.

"I remember you always talking about how you never wanted to settle, how you never wanted to be tied to one station, to a team, what made you change your mind now of all times?" Jeno snapped, Jeno was always jealous of the girl, she never had trouble with getting people to notice her, she never had to prove anything to anybody and it irked Jeno so much.

Jaehyun looked at the male with a look he couldn't decipher, her face had become blank and it looked like she had dozed off before she averted her eyes looking away, Jeno could of swore he saw her eyes glisten but he was too annoyed to care at the moment.

"I'm sorry for lashing out, I've been having a bad day"Jeno apologised and Jaehyun nodded subtly taking a step away from Jeno thinking he wouldn't notice, but he did.

...

"He's not getting the job" Jisung spoke as soon as the door had closed Jeno and the chief nowhere in ears reach, everyone's eyes snapped towards the youngest member, all giving him confused looks.

"What? Then who is?" Haechan asked leaving his desk and walking towards the other end of the room where the fridge was grabbing out a can of soda and opening it.

"I have no clue, Chief was saying that he needs Jeno to help out the new leader, to show her the ropes of Dream" Jisung spoke sighing and ruffling his fading pink hair, the room went silent, all trying to process the information, the sound of Haechan gulping the only audible sound.

Renjun started typing away at his keyboard hacking into the agencies database to find the information about their new team leader.

"Her?" Chenle asked looking over from his desk and Jisung raised his eyebrows and walked over to Jaemin's desk and sitting on top of the corner where Jaemin left vacant for Jisung who liked sitting there.

"Jeno lost the position to a girl....... interesting, what did she have to do to get the position?" Jaemin finally butted in, Jisung shrugged.

As sexist as it sounds but females don't get hired at the SM building, most of the employees are men unless you count the odd secretary and assistant, so automatically the members would have thought she may have bribed her way in.

"Lieutenant Lee Jaehyun, 21, first place at the Academy of Special forces in Seoul, she has worked with the FBI in America ever since leaving the academy...... her credentials are impeccable and clean, I must say she's very good according to all her records and files....... she's pretty much perfect" Renjun read off the screen in front of him.

"I'm bring it up on the big screen" Renjun said making a few moves and the group watched as the file was displayed on the huge computer screen in the middle of the room.

...

Jeno pulled out a key card and swiped it against the door a beeping sound being made and a green light turned on.

"I'll have to get Renjun to make you one while you work with us" Jeno mumbked quietly opening the door and entering, Jaehyun entered after him seeing a loft styled room, staring down into the middle of the room a group of boys all stared at them, her eyes moved to the giant computer screen that displayed her ID picture she took after graduating the academy and her entire profile that was meant to be confidential, Renjun quickly swiped clicking the space bar taking the profile off the big screen.

"What was that?" Jeno asked taking a step in front of her giving the members a stern look, he's told Renjun multiple times that if he was going to hack into the HQ database not to bring it up on the big screen, the two made their way down the stairs and stared at the members who had no problem blatantly staring at the new girl.

"ummm background check?" Haechan smiled cheekily, Jeno stood hands on his hips and Jaehyun peeked over his shoulder staring at the group, they all gave her curious looks.

"Listen up Dream! meet Lieutenant Lee, she will be acting as our team leader of the time being" Jeno spoke a type of irritation in his voice, Jaehyun eyed the male not ignoring the hidden meaning of 'time being', questioning her loyalty.

"Any questions?" Jeno asked raising both eyebrows, the team looked amongst each other after all averting their eyes to her shaking their heads.

"Good now welcome to the team Lieutenant" Jeno mumbled trying to hide the hidden sadness in his voice, the members glanced around before start clapping, Jaehyun stared awkwardly at her feet and bowed slightly the clapping ending as soon as it started.

...

Jaehyun was unpacking her stuff into her desk and Haechan rapped his pencil against his desk before spinning around in his chair and sliding next to him, whispering in Jaemins ear.

"How long do you think she'll last?" Haechan asked making Jaemin look at him, Jaemin turned around watching the girl then back at Haechan.

"I give it 6 months" Jaemin says typing away on his computer, Haechan nodded and leaned over again.

"I give it 3" He mumbled, a book was placed onto Jaemins desk gaining the twos attention, Jeno looked down at them an angry expression on his face.

"Who cares, she'll be out of our hair before we know it" he mumbled glaring angrily and walking away, Jaehyun sighed staring at the desk chair, no one can whisper around here.