13

Jeno was already done with the day, having sleep through his alarm and woken up late and having to rush to work without breakfast so he was a little grumpy, he made his way inside the building and saw Jaehyun walk into the elevator and Jeno rolled his eyes turning the corner to avoid interacting with her, maybe he'll pay the chief a little visit.

Knocking a few times he could hear the faint voice of the chief telling him to come in, opening the door and closing it behind him Jeno feigned innocence, the chief raised his head from his laptop rolling his eyes slightly and letting a sigh slip through his moustache covered lips.

"Jeno if this is about the Lieutenant position I won't tell you again that I chose Jaehyun for a reason" The chief started before he could be bombarded with questions about the 'leader position'.

"Oh no not at all, I've finally come to terms with it" Jeno lied, the chief looked from his laptop to the stack of papers by his hand flipping through them and flicked his eyes towards Jeno easing his eyebrow sceptically.

"Really?" He asked moving his hand back, he placed a hand on his arm chair and leaned back in it, where was this new attitude coming from Jeno nodded lying his ass off.

"That's good then" The chief said not completely won over by Jenos sudden change of character, Jeno nodded taking a seat in one of the chairs he sat in the first day he was told Jaehyun was their captain.

"Yes I was actually coming to see if their was anything else I could help Lieutenant Lee with, it's just I've noticed that she's kind of hesitant with work and just wanted to know if there was anything I need to know to help her settle in better" Jeno smiled and he couldn't t help but gag in his mouth a little, the sweet smile on his face a huge contrast to the feeling in his stomach.

"Well I don't believe there is, she had just moved back from working in America so maybe she's trying to adjust back into the culture?" The chief suggested and Jeno nodded making it seem like he understood, the chief leaned forwards back into his computer trying to pay attention to Jeno but still do his work.

"Do you know anything about her past job experience that could possibly help me? Maybe why she quit?" Jeno took a leap of faith hoping he didn't come off suspicious, the chief looked up eyes furrowing and Jeno knew he had hit the jackpot waiting for the new information his chief was about to bestow upon him.

Jeno didn't know what was better, the sentence that the Cheif had uttered or the adrenaline that spiked his bloodstream when he picked himself up and left the chiefs office without an explanation.

"Officer Lee didn't quit, she was let go"

...

Jaehyun sighed deciding to do a bit of training to help wake her up, the usual averagely made coffee from downstairs just wasn't doing it for her today, picking herself up from her desk she made her way upstairs and into their practice room and walked straight to the other door they had on the other side of the room, she was always in awe at how huge the place was.

Jaehyun was moving to open the door when someone else had entered the room gaining her attention, Jaemin had walked in greeting his captain, Jaehyun did the same moving to another door that led to a large room that was decorated as a shooting range, Jaemin had followed her.

"How good are you when it comes to long range?" Jaemin asked watching his Lieutenant grab the holster that was on a table in the corner of the room picking up a pistol and loading it.

"Pretty decent, they had classes based on long and short range shooting at the academy, I also worked as a sharp shooter in the US" Jaehyun smiled and looked away cursing herself hoping he wouldn't ask her about it.

"Oh yeah, I heard you worked in America, how was it there?" Jaemin asked doing what she did and moving to the barriers that separated them from each other, targets standing on the other end of the room.

"The work was harder, we were always out on assignments every other day rather than one every two weeks, barely got any sleep" Jaehyun said stopping to look at Jaemin a sad smile on her face, Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows.

"Is that why you quit?" Jaemin asked tilting his head and Jaehyun froze up taking a sharp breath, Jaemin regretted his question having noticed her reaction.

"I didn't quit, I would've loved to continue my work there, I loved being busy it also gave me a reason to tell my parents why I didn't have a boyfriend" Jaehyun laughed quietly and Jaemin smiled nodding, Jaehyun sighed looking Jaemin straight in the eyes.

"I suppose you want to know why I had gotten fired?" Jaehyun asked flipping the safety off her weapon, Jaemin did the same, both aiming towards the two targets on the other end of the room and they both fired.

"Not if you don't want to tell me" Jaemin said inbetween gun shots hoping she was able to hear him, thinking she did she stopped and Jaemin lowered his weapon looking over at his captain, Jaehyun took a deep breath waking away and putting the gun in her hands back onto the table she had taken it from dismantling it in seconds, Jaemin did the same taking a little longer than her.

Jaehyun took a deep breath and stared at the floor for a second and Jaemin was about to tell her she didn't have to say anything but Jaehyun spoke before he could.

"My captain, he was very young like me and he was also very good at his job, he was a also complete and utter douchebag"