Prologue

7 and a half years ago

" 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. Ready or not here I come!" I yelled into the forest, chasing after my little brother. This was his favorite game. We always come out here to explore and play.

I searched for about fifteen minutes before I finally gave in.

" Alright Camden! I give up. You win." I sighed, feeling defeated. Suddenly, he appeared in front of me, smiling like a maniac." That's not fair!" I shouted, " You're not aloud to use magic!"

" You're just upset I won," he said smugly.

"That's not the- ," I didn't get to finish my sentence as a woman appeared in front of me, interrupting my train of thought. 

" Who dares to trespass on my property!" the women bellows. 

My brother and I cower back in terror, feeling the immense energy radiating off of her in waves.

" We were just p-p-playing in the wo-woods," I stuttered, looking down. I could feel her eyes staring bullets into my skull, as if she could see right through me. 

" Is that what you two boys were doing?!" she seethed.

"Yes ma'am," I muttered, finally looking up. She seemed to be contemplating my answer before she looked towards Camden and asked,

"Why didn't you answer my question?"

My brother was silent. He stood there with fear filled eyes, his little body trembling. 

"Answer me!" she shouts.  When there's no response to her second question, the woman raises her hand to strike him. Before she gets the chance, I blow her away with my magic. This action throws her against a tree, smacking the bark with a sickening crack. I begin rushing to Camden, but before I can reach him, I'm lifted into the air and pinned to the nearest tree. 

" How dare you try to harm me!" the woman yells, her cheeks red. " I, The Dark Witch, curse you with blindness. I curse you to live this way until you find your Ali Media, your other half. Upon the night of your eighteenth birthday, if you have not found your Ali Media I will come for you and kill you. Let this be a warning, Marcus Trent, to never cross The Dark Witch."

The Dark Witch then disappeared. Not a moment later, all I could see was black.