Chapter 5: Three Fortellings of Tied

New Chapter! I hope you guys liked the last one. I also hope I start getting more reads. Lol. But, I know that takes time. Enjoy this chapter! Things start to get really interesting in this one. ;)

Marcus' POV

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Well, with the exception of my cousin pulling me aside for some big news. News that would change everything.

3 hours ago

That was not how the fight was supposed to go. A teacher was supposed to pull us apart. Not my Ali Media. And now, she's mad at me. Great. Just great.

"I'm assuming that you wanted that to go differently?" my cousin asks with humor lacing her tone.

"Shut up," I mumble to her.

"You do know that you were fighting with an elf, right?" Zoey asks cautiously.

"What? That guy was an elf? That explains his dick behavior," I huff.

"Yeah. Biggest jerk in the school." Zoey pauses and let's out a sigh. "If you had used different tactics it probably would be in better standing with Talia. Now you-" she doesn't finish. I suddenly hear her take an intake of breath.

"What is it?! What's wrong?!" I question her, panicked.

"I found my Ali Media."

"What?! Who is it?"

"Avery Sampson. She's Talia's best friend. And, before you ask why I didn't know sooner, I'll let you know that she wasn't at the school before. She was a huge trouble maker in middle school and freshman year. Her parents sent her away to boarding school. What are the odds that our Ali Media's are best friends?"

"Not very high. There might be something bigger at play here."

"I think you're looking into this too much."

"I'm Not! Look, first Talia ends up being my Ali, then we have that wacky shared vision, and finally you end up being aled to Talia's best friend. What's next? My brother and her sister?" I ask, exasperated.

"Hey guys! I have some really exciting news!" my brother beams excitingly behind me. Speak of the devil.

"What it is it?" I ask.

"Scarlett Waddell is my Ali Media!" he bubbled. I give Zoey a look. A 'I was right and this is worse than we thought look.'

"Ok. Ok. Maybe you were right," she begrudgingly admitted.

"Right about what?" Camden asks curiously. Before Zoey can answer, I step in.

"So, I met my Ali Media today. It's Talia, Scarlett's sister. Not only that, but I had a shared vision with her of the Dark Witch about to kill me. Zoey's aled to Talia's best friend and you're aled to her sister. I said with all of that there had to be something big at play. Remember what they say about trios?" I ask my brother. If he doesn't remember, than he was probably on his phone during mom's supernatural lessons. It happens more than you think.

"Trios are always good. They bring great prosperity and happiness. It's when they have a bad omen attached that they will be one of the Three Foretellings of Tied."

"But, that's not all. There haven't been any other foretellings. Which means, this is the first foretelling of three," I  worried.

"Sit eruantur videntis

In noctis tenebris et caligine

A igne uri ac vertere in caelum

Ut tenebris tam purpura pro mendacium

Ne ille qui visus sublatus

Sunt enim vires ut a somno exsuscitem

Nam si non autem pugnare 

Fugam tenebris fata" I hear Zoey say.

"What does that mean? My Latin is a little rusty," I hear Camden ask.

"Let the one who sees be brought to light

For on a dark and gloomy night 

A fire will burn and turn the sky 

To purple for such a dark lie

Let the one whose sight was taken 

Have the strength to awaken

For if they not the will to fight 

Dark fate will take flight." I translate with an uneasy heart. This is not good. Not good at all. "We have to tell my mom. Let her know to inform the Court of Illusion. This is big." I decided for us.  What I didn't say was this was too big for us to take on.

Now, it's after classes and time for detention. The foretelling has been on my mind all day. But so has Talia. Especially since I'm pretty sure the foretelling is about her and I. 

So, I've been thinking of a game plan regarding Talia all day. You know what I have? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Looks like I'm going to have to wing it. I just hope things with her go well. I walk down the hall to what I presume is the classroom for detention. I open the door only to be suddenly pulled in and dragged to the back of the room.

"Sit," Talia tells me with a stern tone. She leaves no room for argument, so I sit. I sense her sit down in the seat next to me.

"We need to talk about what happened this morning," she commands. I was hoping she had forgotten about this morning. Just my luck. I'm now wishing I had prepared something. Anything to change the topic. My mind is blank. I again have absolutely nothing. 

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  

Sorry for the short chapter! I promise the next chapter will be longer! :)