Chapter 23

Autumn's POV

Walking around on the creepy amusement park made me uneasy. If Grover was here after all this trouble, then where do we even start looking for him? We split into groups to look around. Clarisse clearly went by herself. Tyson went with Lily and I while Percy and Annabeth went another way. I swear there was something going on between the two but I didn't think public affection was their type of thing. They were very close on the boat.

Annabeth the smart girl she was pointed out all the dead carcasses leading to a strange amusement park ride. We all paired up and picked a cart to push and jump in to make it go. I rode with Clarisse. Annabeth obviously rode with Percy. With left Lily with Tyson who pushed the cart all by himself with how strong he was. The ride went smooth and obviously creepy. I was on alert the entire time. I couldn't let Lily or anyone for that matter to be taken or hurt. Saving Grover and the camp was our main mission but keeping each other safe was more on my mind. As our carts collided into each other as the first hit a big boulder, all of us climbed out of our carts and gathered on the foot path. Another roar rang through the air closer this time and we all looked at each other.

"Any game plans here?" I asked the group.

"Easy. I go in and grab the fleece and you guys stay out of my way." Clarisse stayed. Percy scoffed.

"No. We're all going in and saving Grover. And we all are getting the fleece together." Percy argues back at Clarisse as we get to the entrance of the cave. Clarisse glared at us.

"Just dont get in my way. It's my quest." Clarisse says as she goes into the cave. We all look at each other shrugging and follow her into the cave.

Once we get inside the cave we watch has this huge piece of furniture is thrown across the room with the angry yelling of the Cyclops about his hunger. We all duck behind some big part of the amusement park. We watch as Grover steps out in a dress and a makeshift eye on his head trying to calm the Giant. Once the Giant stomps a few feet away, Percy waves Grover to us and relief fills his face as humor fills ours. 

"Nice dress." Clarisse says and even takes a picture. I'll definitely be needing that from her.

"Whens the wedding?" Annabeth asks amused.

"Hey, I'm having a really bad day. And this is a disguise. I'm showing mad survival skills, here." He gestures to the outfit. "The Cyclops half-blind. He thinks I'm a lady Cyclops and he wants to marry me."

"Grover could make a pretty lady." Tyson half whispers half yells to Lily. 

"Thanks, and you are?" Grover questions.

"Grover this is Lily and I's half brother, Tyson." Percy explains. Grover gives him a look that we know that we will have to explain it, but nows not the time.

"Ok, I was trying to get uneaten long enough to figure out how to get the fleece off of him." Grover defended.

"Did you figure it out?" Annabeth asked.

"Do you think I would still be dressed like this if I did?" He stated. We all kind of chuckle again at his appearance. Definitely going to be needing that picture from her now for sure.

"It's a good look." Percy tried to say with a straight face but fails as we all chuckle again.

"Guys let's get serious. Grover can you distract him long enough for us to try to get if off of him?" I ask him. The half bloods started discussing a plan to get the fleece from the Cyclops. Grover was obviously the distraction. 

Grover walked over to the Cyclops. He looked back to the others, who encouraged him to go on when the plan.

"Oh um Closes, how about I cook you something to drink to um calm your nerves?" Grover asked nervously.