Chapter 26

Percy's POV

When I realizes that Riptide is the "cursed blade" of the prophecy, I took a chance and sliced down Kronos, making him crumble into pieces, imprisoning him back into the sarcophagus once again was probably one of the most satisfying moment in my life. You know, besides the whole lightening bolt and saving the universe. I couldn't believe I defeated Kronos. I broke the oracles' prophecy, and wrote my own destiny. I was still worried for the future but that conversation was between Lily and I later once we got back to camp. Catching my breath, I looked around to see some of Luke's minions, and Grover, falling back to the ground after being ate by Kronos at the beginning of his resurrection rampage. Autumn ran over to Grover to help him and was asking him if he was okay. I on the other hand stand to my feet and rush over to Lily giving her a big hug twirling her around.

"Lily! Your alive! I can't believe this! We all watched you get hit by Luke's arrow and fall off the edge. We thought you were gone!" 

"I know. I thought I wasn't going to make the fall, but Percy. There was water at the end of the drop. You and I both know what water does for us, but I blacked out before I hit. Someone saved me." Lily explains.

"Someone saved you? Who? Lily I was devastated, I keep losing you. I wanted to give up, but I wanted revenge for what Luke did to you. Luke. Where is he?" I questioned feeling another adrenalin rush already thinking about punching him so hard in the face. Lily pointed to a passed out Luke on the ground a few feet from us.

"I'll explain when we get back to camp, but I knocked him out a little bit before you jumped on Kronos. I tried to help, but my weapon didn't even make a scratch on him. How did yours go through him?" She asked. There wasn't much time to explain the prophecy to Lily. I couldn't believe after all this time together I hadn't fully explained everything that happened. Of course we were busy but there was so much more to this quest than just saving her. 

"I'll explain later, but first we need to get the fleece back to camp." I tell her. She nods. I look over to see Annabeth coming towards us, but there was movement behind her. All of a sudden the manticore comes out of no where and stabs her in the back. We all scream.

"Annabeth!" 

Clarisse, Grover and Autumn attack the manticore as Lily and I rush over to Annabeth. I cradle her in my arms. Why do these things keep happening to everyone I am ever close with?  Lily, Grover, Clarisse. Wait no she's fine, still her bossy self. But now Annabeth is slowing dying in my arms. Clarisse, and Grover are able to distract the manticore long enough for Autumn to cut the vemonness stinger off the tip of its tail. The manticore howls and tries to run away but before it gets to far it shrivels up and falls to dust. 

"Annabeth! Can you hear me? No. No.No." I plead.

"At least I'll be with Thalia in Elysium." Annabeth says wheezing. My heart shatters watching the love of my life suffer. Tyson comes running over with he fleece in his hands.

"Use this!" He says. I hurriedly grabbed the fleece with my hands and drape it a crossed Annabeth with Clarisse's help.

"We. We make our own destinies right?" I question Annabeth as she's gasping for air trying to keep her focused on my voice. "I have faith in you Annabeth." I plead to her and shake her to stay awake. It's not working. The fleece isn't working. I feel Annabeth go limp in my arms. I start pleading for the fleece to work. I feel tears coming to my eyes seeing her lifeless. I couldn't believe she was gone, until I see the same light that came off the sarcophagus when Kronos was being brought back to life. We all sighed in relief.

Annabeth started coughing as she came to. I helped her sit up with a smile on all of our faces greeting her happily. She looked at us funny as she breathed hard.

"What happened?" She questioned all of us. 

"Don't worry about it." Grover answered.

"If anyone else wants to die tonight. At least we have this." I state. With our track record, I hoped no one else would ever come to harm again. Annabeth looked around to all of us and smiled. 

We get her up and then we start to collect ourselves from the fight. Everyone is happy to see Lily again. Autumn and Lily talk. While Annabeth and I converse for a bit, until Annabeth gives me the fleece back and then motions to Clarisse who is talking to Tyson and Grover. We walk towards her and Grover takes Tyson to the side, towards Lily and Autumn, talking about him deserving some nectar back at camp when we get back.

"Clarisse." I say.

"What?" She asks in her normal full of myself voice.

"This was your quest." I say to her. She looks down and sighs.

"Well I wouldn't of done it without you. All of you." She says motioning to everyone chatting to each other. 

"Well I think you should be the one who takes this back to camp." I say to her handing her the fleece. 

"Thalia's tree needs you. The camp needs you." Annabeth says. I nod agreeing with her. Clarisse grins with pride.

"We need to hurry back. How do we get there?" Clarisse questions motioning to the amusement park island were still on. Everyone else comes to our group as we ask them the same question.

"I have an idea." Lily states and walks away. She comes back with an awake Luke with his hands tied behind his back and tape on his mouth.

"If he's here, then his boat is here. The boat is full of magical trinkets. I am sure his transporter is there. That will get Clarisse back to camp fast and then we can just take the boat. Between Percy and I's powers we can make the boat go fast enough to get there a day or two after. Plus he can sleep in the cells. Its a win win." Lily says. We all agree with her and all walk to the boat together.