Training pt. 2

Before Shen Yuan knew it, a week and a half had already passed. From the previous evenings, he could conclude that the laps had not just furthered the boy's endurance and stamina but also strengthened his leg muscles. That means the training is making an impact, but it wasn't easy.

     The first night was hell for the boy; there was a high chance that was the first time Luo Binghe ever ran that much, seeing how the boy easily passed out upon coming back. This didn't come as a surprise to Shen Yuan; the beginning was always the hard part. He knew the kid was bound to get better, first days don't always reflect what comes after, after all. And as he predicted, the long hours gradually shortened as each day passed, thus making Shen Yuan increase the number of laps the boy had to partake. It was a good idea since now the boy was much faster and well-conditioned. That and the daily intake of food has done Luo Binghe some good. His hollowed cheekbones were now no longer as profound as before, as they have garnered to a more healthy look. His thin build has some meat on it as well, finally looking like his real age.

     Currently, Shen Yuan sat in the same position as before on top of the large boulder. But instead of just lazying around like previously, he was surveying Luo Binghe's training. Today would much differ from the days prior, as an alternative to only focusing on running and practicing breathing, Luo Binghe will start lifting heavy objects to further develop his upper body. Since there was no way Luo Binghe could weld a sword and begin his cultivation with such minuscule strength, he would probably break physically, if he went into it in this shape.

     There were many ways to go from here. Could he perhaps get Luo Binghe to lift some heavy rocks? Or maybe carry a big log? Those were some ways he could think on the top of his head, but it just didn't feel right. Luo Binghe's arms wouldn't be able to handle the weight of those heavy objects just yet, plus it won't do him any justice if he strained or broke his arm. The boy needed something flexible to fit his requirements. 

     These thoughts had been running around in his head for days now. It wasn't until the day before that he finally found his solution; he needed some rocks and ropes. The rocks were easy to find; they were an abundant source here in this forest. It was just the ropes that made him worry for the only ropes he remembered seeing was the ones that encased Luo Binghe. He was afraid the ropes would be long gone, or be of no use. He still decided to go and check, maybe some parts were salvageable.  When he arrived at his destination, he found the item he was looking for, but they were damp with a strange foul odor. No...this won't do. He had to scratch his first plan.

     The usage of rocks could still work, he just needed to find some sort of support to help balance the weight of the rocks. But what other materials could he possibly use? He needs some more time on this...with that, he withholds his frustrating thoughts for a minute and focuses in on Luo Binghe. For now, he supposes it's best if Luo Binghe starts small with some push-ups.

    "Today we'll be doing something different," Pausing for a brief moment, Shen Yuan sees Luo Binghe perks up with anticipation, "I'll be cutting your laps short today."

"Shizun, could this one ask why?" Luo Binghe couldn't help but ask.

"For the past few days, you've been hard at work with running, but have yet to work on your upper body." 

"Will I get to practice with a sword?" Luo Binghe was clearly excited after hearing what was just said. Shen Yuan felt bad to ruin his excitement with what he was about to say next.

    "I'm afraid you're not ready for that yet, today let's start with some push-ups. How about we start with twenty?" It's more like a question directed to himself, but Luo Binghe still answered it.