Luo Binghe's POV

A/N: MILD GORE, I REPEAT MILD GORE

    Never would Luo Binghe, in his wildest dreams, ever imagined he would be fortunate enough to have the things he had now. A shizun who was both caretaker and master, a place where he could call home, and everyday necessities, like food and water. Waking up every day, with his Shizun near, was a shock that he was unable to handle, even to this day. It always felt like this was some sort of deep stupor he never woke up from, like everything that happened so far was but a beautiful creation from his selfish desires. He could still remember the day when they met, and when only a single sentence sealed his fate that he knew now.

"Little human, I'll save you now. But there is one condition, you have to make a promise with me."

"O...okay."

"I need you to stay with me for five years."

"Why five years?"

"Well...I'll tell you only if you agree."

"And what if I don't want to, what would happen to me then?"

He recalls the dragon letting out a loud sigh.

"I'll just set you free, I guess..."

    Even at that time, he knew what would await him if he returned back to the village. The looks of well-hidden scorns from the older generation, the jeers from the people of his age, the hunger, the thirst, and the loneliness, all of that awaits him back at the village. He'd rather die by the claws of a dragon than die on the streets alone. There was nothing for him to lose nor to gain if he accepted this deal.

And so he did.

"I accept."

"For what it's worth, our meeting today was a welcome surprise---wait, what did you just say?"

"I said, I accept to stay with you for five years."

Blink. Blink.

"Are you sure?"

"Uh. Yes?"

"..."

"Haven't your parents ever told you to stay away from creepy strangers in the woods? This is almost like kidnapping."

"It's not technically kidnapping if I'm willing to go with you. And also you're not creepy at all, I think you look pretty."

    His Shizun then had turned away from him for a moment, with hands covering his face for some reason. He still didn't know what was wrong, but the man seemed pretty distraught. It didn't take long before he composed himself.

"Don't regret this."

Then the world came crashing down.

The binds that once suspended him mid-air were cut. He thought he would fall to the ground, with arms out he was ready to try and lessen the fall when a pair of strong hands caught him.

    He still remembers the way his Shizun looked. At that moment, his Shizun looked like a true otherworldly being in his eyes. If a stranger were to come upon and looked at his master's eyes then and there, they would be frightened to death. Snake-like yellow eyes gleaming with looks of vicious intent, yet what Luo Binghe saw was different.

    He saw eyes full of concern and focus. All of it on him and that made him feel a certain emotion that hasn't been present for a long time now.

"T-thank you."

"All right, you're free! Now, what's your name, boy?"

"M-my name is Luo Binghe. Thank you once again for the help...uh...how should I address you?"