Song

Sleepovers tended to do very little with sleeping and very much with staying up all night watching movies, eating popcorn, and gossiping. Gabby knew this from experience as a high school girl, and although this sleepover was with immortals well over the age of a typical ninth-grader, it promised to be quite similar.

Gabby, Natasha, and Grim all enjoyed movies (Gabby liked comedies, Natasha preferred animated musicals, and Grim was a fan of old horror films ranging from cheesy to chilling). They were all a fan of popcorn too: Gabby put an unholy combination of every popcorn topping imaginable on hers, which Grim delightedly imitated, while Natasha stuck to sprinkling a pinch of cinnamon sugar on hers. The one thing opinions diverged on was gossip: Natasha didn't hold to idle, aimless speculation on things that really weren't any of their business. Fortunately for Gabby, Grim was more than happy to make up for that.

"...and I think he might be a little bit afraid of geese now," the Reaper confided between giggles.

Gabby grinned mischievously. "So if I got a pet goose..."

"Oh, darling, don't do that. He might not be able to die, but I believe a heart attack is still a possibility for brother dearest."

Natasha tutted disapprovingly as she gathered everyone's popcorn bowls. "Really, don't you two have anything better to talk about?"

"Actually, yeah," the brown-haired girl answered, rolling over on her sleeping bag to face Grim. "Everyone knows Sandy and I are a thing, and obviously Tasha is taken, but what about you, Grim?"

Natasha returned from the kitchen. "If she doesn't want to talk about it-"

"Well, you two might have only ever had one true love, but I've had several," Grim interrupted.

Gabby blinked, pushing her glasses up on her nose. "What, really?!"

Natasha sighed. "Never mind. I don't know why I was worried about you being shy about this."

"Please, Tosh. You two know about my wings and That Incident that happened with Pookie. Why would I hesitate to discuss my love life?"

Gabby propped herself up on her arms. "Speaking of Bunny, are you two...um..."

"Rabbit's not on the menu for me right now, darling," Grim stated flatly, causing Natasha to loose a scandalized "Oh!" accompanied by a hand over her heart. "We were never a couple, and even if I was interested, it won't be happening."

"So you were interested?" Gabby chirped, wagging her feet back and forth.

Grim tossed a pillow at her. "You're terrible."

Natasha swooped in and plucked up the pillow, fluffing it before returning it to its owner. "Now that we've clarified that, I believe it's high time we all went to-"

"He does call you cute nicknames," Gabby pointed out.

Grim scoffed. "'Grimace' is hardly what I'd call a term of affection, Bee."

"He did take you back to the Warren the night of That Incident."

"Because I was drunker than a clurichaun in a wine merchant's cellar. He wasn't about to drag me all the way back to my apartment when I could barely stand without falling over."

"He could've used his tunnels to take you back to yours. Just saying."

"And I'm just saying hauling a cot case up three flights of stairs is highly impractical. Discussion over."

"He could've used the tunnel to bypass the stairs-"

"Gabby, she said 'discussion over.' Really-"

"-what's a cot case?" Gabby asked innocently.

"Oh, it's a slang term for a very drunk person," Grim answered unsuspectingly.

"Interesting. Where'd you learn it from?"

Grim blushed. It was an interesting experience seeing the Reaper blush, Gabby thought- instead of cheeks reddening with the warm flush of blood, Grim's face darkened to nigh black.

"Sounds to me like you're not the only one who's interested, Grimace," Gabby teased.

Grim frowned. "You know what, Tosh? Maybe it is time for bed."

"Wait, wait, wait! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings," she apologized.

Grim shrugged nonchalantly, resting her head sideways on her pillow. "It's quite all right, darling. I've had unrequited loves before, and I'm not sure this qualifies. I do feel something for him, but it's certainly not a yearning for him to kiss my hand and bring me flowers."

Gabby lay down and took off her glasses, checking to ensure Natasha was out of earshot before whispering. "I don't suppose you just want him to deflower you?"

Natasha heard a snort of laughter and reentered the living room.

"Something funny?" Mrs. Claus inquired suspiciously.

Grim wiped her eyes, chest still shaking from laughter. "Oh, goodness! I've been married before, you know, and some of those marriages were consummated-"

"Grim! Do you really have to say such things in front of Gabby?"

"She was the one asking if I had any interest in being bedded by Bunny!" the Reaper protested.

"Gabby Colette Colorato!"

"Tattletale," Gabby muttered. Grim stuck out her tongue before continuing.

"I did lay with my spouses, at least with the ones who desired it, but I never felt any particular inclination towards such activities myself. Several of my marriages were quite happy without need of anything past cuddling or butterfly kisses."

The brown-haired girl nodded in comprehension as Natasha stood sputtering with arms akimbo. "Grim! That is quite enough discussion of that, thank you!"

"Pish posh, Tosh. You're not exactly in a virgin marriage yourself, are you?"

Natasha huffed and flicked the light switch. "Go to sleep!"

"Good night," Gabby called.

"Good night," Grim parroted.

"...Good night, girls."