Faces

Natasha glanced down at the grave. There were flowers there, as usual- Grim must've been visiting in her absence. She picked up the bouquet and examined its contents.

"Let's see, carnations, marigolds, snowdrops, periwinkles, rosemary...are those blue or purple hyacinths?"

"Both," Grim answered, walking up behind Mrs. Claus with a fresh bouquet in her arms. "Also oak-leaf geranium. And, ah, you forgot the forget-me-nots."

Natasha chuckled. "What's with the tree branches?"

"They're cypress and weeping willow. If I'd known you'd be here, I would've brought lilies-of-the-valley," Grim commented, gesturing to the bundle of flowers she was carrying.

"Lilies-of-the-valley? What do those represent?"

Grim smiled. "Return of happiness."

Natasha wiped her eyes and swept the Reaper up into a hug.

"Tosh, darling, you're crushing the flowers."

"It's good to see your face," Natasha whispered, blinking back further tears.

"I don't know why it would be: yours is so much prettier. Well, perhaps not when you wrinkle your nose at me like that-"

"Riri," Natasha chided.

Grim chuckled. "Riri. It's been a while since I've heard that one."

Natasha nodded, looking back down at the grave.

"Was it her or me that came up with that one?" Mrs. Claus inquired.

"That was Bee's creation, I do beelieve. You came up with 'Smerts.'"

Natasha laughed, a tinkling sound like bells jingling. "Smert's kosoy!"

"Mm. It's grown on me, I'll admit, but 'Grimace' is still my favorite. 'Grimy' is a close second, though."

Natasha suppressed a smile. "How is Greasy nowadays?"

"He's doing quite well. A little lonely sometimes, I think- I should get him and Pookie out for a drink sometime."

"It must be depressing, to be the last of your kind," Natasha murmured.

Grim's gaze dropped to the flowers decorating the grave. "It's lonely being one of a kind, too."

Natasha smiled sadly up at her friend andembraced her gently, mindful of the bouquet.