Haircut

Grim woke to find loose strands of hair strewn over her pillow.

She sighed. "Again?"

Tasha bustled into the room, bearing a tray and a worried frown. "Smerts? Everything alright?"

"Yes, yes, everything's fine. More of my hair has decided to relocate from my scalp though. Do you think you could get me another trash bag?"

Tasha placed the tray on Grim's lap and pressed the back of her hand to the Reaper's forehead, then gently gripped her shoulders and turned her in order to critically examine Grim's back. "They're healing up well. I wouldn't suggest trying to remove them for another couple weeks yet."

"Oh, I'm not planning on removing them," Grim remarked brightly.

Natasha arched an eyebrow. "Really? They won't bother you?"

Grim stretched out one of the 'wings' to its full length. Mrs. Claus stepped back, startled at its reach- it nearly touched the far wall. "No, actually. Without the feathers and all that fuss they're not nearly as bulky as the old models. And while I certainly won't be flying with these, I imagine I can find other uses for them. Look!"

Grim held up the other wing, and Tasha gasped, seeing the scythe blade set in the crook of the bone. "Smert's kosoy!"

"It's very aesthetic, don't you think?" the Reaper commented, admiring the glint of the blade against the black of her bones.

"They're still healing, Grim! Take that out!" Natasha scolded her.

Grim shrugged and obeyed. "I'll try that again later, then. Oh! May I go out for a bit?"

Mrs. Claus set her hands on her hips. "You're not going anywhere until you've eaten. Where do you want to go, anyway?"

Grim picked up a slice of toast from the plate on the tray in her lap and took a bite. "Just a quick visit to a friend," she answered, one cheek puffed with food like a chipmunk's. "Greasy's not just a shoemaker and a tailor, you know- he's branched out into hairdressing the last few decades too. And with my hair falling out willy-nilly, I figure I might as well try out a new style."

Natasha smiled. "All right then. I'll take you in the sleigh once you've finished your toast."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jack frowned at the Easter Bunny. "You sure about this?"

"She'll love it," the rabbit assured him. "Especially the shoes."

"Really? Because this feels more like you getting back at me for the Blizzard of '68. Ouch!"

The last exclamation was directed at the Leprechaun, who glared up at the Guardian of Joy with exasperation as he plucked another pin from between his teeth. "Hold still, Jackie boy. I wouldn't stick you if you weren't squirming like a grogoch in a bathtub."

Jack wrinkled his nose. "You're sure this was Grim's idea and not yours, Cottontail?"

Bunny scoffed. "You think my idea of revenge is getting you a new suit?"

"Hey, you're not the one who has to stand still while getting stuck with pins, is all I'm saying. Ow!"

Greasy grunted and pulled out another pin. "That's because he's already been fitted, lad. Poor Pookie's had to go through this a couple o' times."

Jack laughed incredulously. "Wait, what? Really?"

Bunny nodded wearily. "Ruined my first suit in a fight with some revenants."

"That was a party to remember," Greasy chimed in.

The rabbit crossed his arms and bowed his head. "Grim made me get a new one. I think I got more wounds getting stabbed by Greaseball there then I did fighting the undead. Ow! Hey!"

The Leprechaun grinned as he jabbed Bunny again. "Whoops, my hand slipped."

Bunny glared at him. "Alright you bloody-"

"Are you boys playing nice?" Grim inquired as she swept into the room.

Jack chuckled. "Getting along like a house on fire, Flowy."

"Hm. Just as long as you don't commit arson. Now, how's the suit coming along, dearest?" she addressed Greasy.

"Be getting along faster if he weren't squirming like a fish out of water," the tailor replied, squinting at his model as Jack stuck out his tongue.

Grim frowned and glanced pointedly at Jack. "This is for Tosh, verglas. North will tie you up for this if necessary."

"Will he shove me in a sack and throw me in a magic portal before or after?"

Grim smirked before turning her attention to Bunny. "You have your suit?"

"Yeah. Still don't know why I can't be the one with the watch," he groused.

"Don't think of it as losing a role- think of it as me blackmailing Pitch into doing something he really doesn't want to do," she coaxed.

Bunny considered this and grinned. "Okay, that helps."

"Still think you and Boogeyboy should've been the twins," Greasy told her, making some final measurements.

"That's not until the second book, darling. Anyway, I'd have never convinced him. Blackmail can only accomplish so much, darling."

Jack raised an eyebrow at her as he removed his pinned-together jacket. "What do you have on him anyway? What could the Boogeyman be ashamed of? You got an embarrassing video of him or something?"

Grim put a finger to her lips. "There's no point in blackmail if you can't keep a secret, mon flocon de neige. If he doesn't hold up his end of the deal, I'll spill the tea."

"I think you mean the beans," Bunny objected.

"Nah, she means the tea. Slay, queen!"

Grim laughed at the Leprechaun's and Easter Bunny's bemused expressions. "Wig? Snatched."

"Hotel? Trivago."

The Reaper ran her fingers through her hair absentmindedly. "By the by, Grease, would you mind giving me a trim? I told Tosh I was coming out for a haircut."

Greasy shrugged, pulling out a set of golden shears. "Fine by me. Can you tell me what all that was about?"

"I'll do it," Jack volunteered, pulling out a phone. "Okay, so Urban Dictionary says..."