Chapter 13

XIII

“I must do what is necessary, it’s the Earth’s future we are talking about here, Gabriel do it for God sake! God do not judge me for what I am about to do.” Lozada fought with himself mentally but had to do this. “Step away from the wreckage!!!!” He screamed to the little, innocent children. “I said step away!!! Gather over there!!!! All of you!!” Lozada tragically continued to shout, the homeless juniors gathered to the side, and with one action Lozada summoned rope from inside the sand’s engulfment and magically tied it round the children, almost suffocating them, as he thought this unfortunately had to be done, billions of people’s future lives were much the priority compared to that of the wellbeing of a dozen or so kids. The five began frenetically rummaging through the sand and the wreckage, to salvage any hope for the future of mankind; they had a while before the Frenzy appeared but they had to hurray, they had to find a needle in a haystack. They had to be precise and organized, words rarely needed in post-apocalyptic times.

Meanwhile the Frenzy was drawing nearer and nearer, poised and ready to exterminate the last of the rodents; and use the Prophecy’s power for their own gain. Cross calculated they were roughly where the old Queen’s Avenue used to be situated, about this equivalent to two degrees clockwise for the sun’s ‘movement’. They were advanced, adapted, and superior. Although they were insane and heartless, the Frenzy were quicker, smarter, experienced, and worst of all for the five, they had two ‘desert eagles’ holding  nine bullets between them. The Frenzy, containing eight members, and the five protagonists, where the only people left in London bar the scavenging children. The population on Earth had to be roughly 1 million. Most died from starvation and the sun’s intensity; wars had scourged the lands, especially the Unites States and the rest of North America. Europe had fallen. Asia self-destructed after the ‘Great Asian Nuclear Civil War’ of 2017. The Earth was dying. The Prophecy had to be preserved and used to good effect or else all hope would be lost.

The Frenzy encircled Alexandra Palace, now they were on the opposite side to the five.  The five were oblivious to the danger that was imminent.