Chapter 15

XV

Three blinding corridors of light broke through the vast dark clouds and they focused upon the three dead. Logan, Tyson, and Blake were gradually lifted through the passages of radiance and there they joined the Lord. Lozada turned to Eva and they shared an elongated, momentous hug, they had got there and all the work had been done; with lots of effort, but alas, it had not paid off. The book was, as Cross bluntly put it, a ‘phony’.

But the dull, blank book began to come to life, Cross had locked it again previously but it began to unlock itself, opening on the spine’s halfway point. Pages began to grow out like a flower’s buds. Words emerged. The book now seemed vibrant and meaningful. The greyness turned to an ink-black colour. Astounded, Gabriel Lozada and Eva stumbled towards the fascinating prophecy. The two highlighted pages read:

The Prophecy:

“Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain. And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while. Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This was the first resurrection.”

And every thousandth year shall deliver a resurrection of evil.

A New Beginning:

“They shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them. And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain.”

Gabriel, you are the chosen one, you are to serve me, Eva shall be your companion, drive away the storms and resurrect civilisation, create offspring and start the world over, this is the only way, the last chance, I have faith in you. Have faith in me. The Lord.

Gabriel and Eva closed the book. They curiously noticed the front had a silver cross on the front, they faintly remembered the meaning but it had been too long since they last saw such a cross, they wondered what it meant, however they knew they would learn of it’s significance. Their minds had revolutionised. Eva held the book in her hand, the other tightly squeezing Gabriel’s. Finally they were at peace. They respectably began to bury their companions. Lozada turned to The Prophecy once again.

“We commend unto thy hands of mercy, most merciful Father, the soul of this our brother departed, and we commit his body to the ground, earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; and we beseech thine infinite goodness to give us grace to live in thy fear and love and to die in thy favour, that when the judgement shall come which thou hast committed to thy well-beloved Son, both this our brother and we may be found acceptable in thy sight. Grant this, O merciful Father, for the sake of Jesus Christ, our only Saviour, Mediator, and Advocate.”

“Amen.” the pair said in chorus.

“Rest in peace. Here lies Thomas Logan, Kevin Blake, and Jason Tyson.” Gabriel honourably said. He could foresee the future and knew what he and Eva had to do.