Chapter 1: The Beginning

Summary: Alexander gets de-aged and Washington has to look out for his son in the middle of a revolution who is suddenly 6.

People get a glimpse at Alexanders less than ideal childhood and Washington's parental instincts are screaming for him to hunt down James Hamilton and kill him.

Moved finally from Ao3

Washington rode his horse as fast as he could one-handed. His other hand was occupied by holding a small unconscious body of his beloved adopted son who The General for the life of him could not understand how was turned into a child. If the General had to guess he would say his boy was around 5 to 6 years old. Washington cursed the British and their crazy shenanigans silently as he encouraged his horse to run faster.

From the smallest conversation he had managed to have with the boy about his past -these conversations usually included a lot of alcohol and patience- he knew his boy was from Nevis. His mother died of sickness, father left and was less than a good parent while he was present and his cousin committed suicide. What he also knew that his boy was poor -still was in fact- and having a meal every day of the week was rare and required a lot of work to manage for a day.

What these works were he wouldn't tell but it wasn't that hard to tell by how hard Alexander worked and when they were desperate how well Alexander managed to steal small things from the local merchants and charm their daughters to agree when they refused to sell food and equipment while their army supplies were practically non-existent. The lack of food showed clearly now. Alexander was so small as an adult and so much smaller as a child. He was clearly malnourished and you could feel the boys ribs under oversized clothes. One of the first things he was going to do was get some food into the kid.

They finally arrived back at the camp and his men quickly came out to greet their general. There are gasps all around when they see the small boy in his arms.

"Who's that, sir?" John asks looking around for his friend as they all try to get closer to see.

"Where did you find him?" asks another.

"Where's Hamilton?" That freezes everyone as their eyes move from the child to their general worry was shining in everyone's eyes. Washington opens his mouth to answer but stops. How was he about to explain that this boy was Hamilton. He clearly took too long to answer because the worried eyes started to turn sad with grief. His men really liked Hamilton

"Has our little lion finally been bested?" Ben Talmadge asks his eyes sad.

"No he is um... well here" He turns to look at the boy once again and every eye did the same.

"That's mon petit lion?" Lafayette asks with interest and worry coming to stand next to him and see. His boy did look the same with the more younger features. His hair was the same color and his old clothes drowned his small body.

"Aww he is so cute," One of the soldiers say and that starts as small chuckles and agreeing coos around. Many of the men here were fathers anyway.

"What happened, sir?" Burr asks looking at small Alexander in disbelief.

Washington sighs as he starts to explain how he and Alexander were returning to camp from the local town when 2 red coats appeared from the woods and started to shoot at them. They started to shoot back and while they got the other one other ran but not before accidentally dropping a small ball from his bag. Alexander, of course, went to see what it was while Washington went to check on the fallen enemy. He didn't expect the startled shout of pain his second let out and when he turned gun in hand bright light had enveloped his son and when he ran to his boy his very much adult second was a child. He had quickly collected the now broken item with a pease of cloth and then his boy and headed back to camp as soon as possible.

There is silence after his explanation.

"Can I see the thing?" Burr asks. Washington nods and maneuvers Alexander so he can hand the broken ball to Burr. "Do not touch it with bare hands. I do not need my army turning to children"

"Yes sir, I will start working on how to fix... uh, this" With a quick concerned glance Burr quickly left.

Washington looked down at his boy again.

"Mulligan please figure out some clothing for Hamilton" He commands. Hercules nods a this "I'm going to need his measurements sir"

"Follow me then, The rest of you back to work we still have a war to win" Washington turns and heads for his tent mulligan obediently following.

He sets Alexander in his lap and starts taking off some of the uniform. He freezes when he sees his boy's body. He knew the kid would be skinny and was somewhat prepared it was still unsettling but it wasn't the reason he froze. Looking down he sees his boy's body was covered in bruises and his back was covered in red marks that reminded a lot of the marks he has seen after one of the slaves get punished with a belt.

He wanted to hug his boy and protect him from his past because his wonderful, brilliant genius son did not deserve this. Mulligan's face was blank but his jaw was tight. Alexander had not told to the man then either. They work in silence as Mulligan takes Alexanders measurements and with a bow and a hair ruffle he leaves the general alone with the boy.

Now, what was he going to do? Until they can reverse this he has a child version of his second in his hands at a war camp full of guns and dangerous explosives. Alexander will surely be as curious as any child. And he can't exactly send the boy home either. Since well The boy didn't have a home. The camp was his home. It had been awkward to find out about that. He had sent the boy home as a reprimand for breaking his orders and thinking Elizabeth Schyler and Alexander were courting. Little did he know that their relationship had ended with mutual agreement and that he was sending his boy into the streets away from his home. The man, of course, didn't tell him that because he was a prideful idiot and had followed the Generals orders and left.

Working in the streets trying to get money for food. He had done it before after all. After finding out from one of Alexanders FRIENDS that Alexander didn't have a home where the general had sent him. Washington had hunted down the boy and brought him back. Alexander had been awkwardly closed off after that for a while. The whole thing ended with heart-to-heart and Washington finally adopting him and letting him know he had always a home to come to.

He collects his son again and sets him down on the bed and sat down next to it. Let the waiting game begin.

Notes:

YES, I'm making a multi-chapter story. I don't know how often I'll update since I have another multi-chapter still going. Somewhere around randomly and every other week I would say.

Yes, Eliza and Alex are not together in this. Sorry

I might make a one-shot for the one where Washington sent Alex home which he didn't have. It has been an idea of mine for a while.

Check out my newest animation in YouTube: https://youtu.be/lrebjvCJDxc
(I regret nothing, One last ride is pease of art I had to XD)

Thank you for reading leave a comment, like and a prompt those are appreciated!

Happy Holidays whatever thing you celebrate!