Chapter 7: Chaos

Their quiet breakfast gets suddenly interrupted by loud shouts outside. Two soldiers walk into the food tent their voices loud.

"Good morning everybody!" the other shouts. He was tall and slim, his hair was in a ponytail and he was wearing a trenchcoat. Alexander notes that he had a french accent.

The other one was shorter his hair also in a ponytail. He had a kind face but Alexander wasn't fooled. Father had a kind face too but he wasn't always kind.

The taller one quickly notices Alexander and the General and if possibly his smile widened but his voice grew louder.

"Ah! Mon General! Mon Petit lion! I am so happy to see you!" He said and quickly walks up to them.

He was loud. Very loud. Alexander didn't like loud. Loud was bad. Father was loud when he was angry. And Father didn't like it when Alexander was loud. Maybe Mr.George won't like loud either.

Maybe this man would get punished for being loud. But Mr. George wouldn't do that would he? So far he has been kind. Even when Alexander went and was pathetic and loud and woke up screaming. But then again Alexander didn't know where the line was and when he would cross it. He didn't like that. He needs to know.

Maybe he expected that now that it has been done once and he hadn't told it wasn't allowed he would let it go. But next time he would punish him for it. Maybe after he has told the rules.

But Mr.George wouldn't do that. Cause Mr.George is safe.

Right?

Alexander hides his face into Jemmy bear again. Waiting for Mr.George to do something.

Surprisingly there was no reprimand or shouting from Mr.Geroge instead the other man rolls his eyes and elbows the taller man.

"Laf you're scaring him"

The other man instantly looks at Alexander, his lips making an "o" while Alexander in turn hides closer to Washington. Washington moves to pat his back.

The other man kneels down before Alexander making himself look smaller to the child and extends his hand.

"Hey, there kiddo. I'm John. John Laurens. That Lafayette. Don't worry about him. He gets excited sometimes but he is as friendly as they come" his smile was kind and now looking closer his face was full of freckles.

Alexander shily shakes Johns's hand while the said man beams at him.

"Je suis désolé, mon ami. I did not mean to scare you" The man, Lafayette sais looking regretful.

"Ça va" Alexander whispers. Holding his bear closer.

Their eyes comically widen at that. It would have been funny except it scared him. Did he do something wrong?

"You speak French!" Lafayette exclaims.

It shouldn't have been such a surprise. The adult Alexander has talked French with Lafayette before. But still they had always assumed he had just studied it.

"My mom taught me"

Ah well that explained it. Alexander's past was always a bit of a mystery. He never talked about his mom either.

"That's nice to hear" John said happily with a smile adults use when they say everything is fine when it's really not and think the child will be fooled by it.

Suddenly, gunshots echoed around the camp. The grownups were instantly alert. Mr.Geroge quickly hand Alexander to Mr.Laurens.

"What in- Laurens keep an eye on Alexander. Keep him safe. Alexander, you stay with Mr.Laurens while I'm gone" his voice was full of authority and command. Mr.Laurens quickly nods and before Alexander can say anything Washington was up and moving Lafayette behind him. Leaving Alexander alone with a stranger.

Alexander was scared. What was happening? Where did Mr.George go?

Soldiers were running everywhere. Shouts and gunshots filled the air. John was carrying Alexander away from camp. Away from danger.

Then there were 2 redcoats blocking their exit their guns drawn.

John took cover trying to keep Alexander away from their line of fire. Alexander felt like crying. But crying was for the weak and he had done so much of that lately. But everything was scary and then John cried out. Bullet hitting him in the shoulder.

The other soldier moved around the tree where Mr.Laurens and Alexander had hidden.

Alexander was yanked out of Mr.Laurens' hands even when the man tried to protect him. He cried out and fought against it. He kicked and punched making it hard to keep a grip on him.

The sudden hit to his face quieted him instantly. He went limp in the soldier's hands. His head spinning and hurting. Tears poured out if his eyes.

"Damn brat" the soldier cussed him.

Alexander wanted Mr.George where was he? An overwhelming need to shout for dad filled him. It was hard to breathe and see and everything was blurry and his head still hurt and then he wailed.

"DAAAAAAAD!" It just came out. He wailed. Another hit to the face but it didn't stop him this time. It just made it worse.

"DAAAD!!! I WANT MY DAAAAD! DAAAD!"

The next hit made him lose consciousness. But he was mildly aware of being tackled and then taken to familiar embrace.

-ω-
-
Washington had heard Alexander scream. He knew instantly it was Alexander. And he knew it was him the boy was calling for. And then he was running for him. His movements very quicker than ever he tore through the camp.

Another shout made him run just faster and then he was there. He saw red when the soldier punched Alexander. How dare he-

He tackled the man instantly careful of Alexander. He took the boy into his arms pointing his own gun down at the man who had dared to hurt his son.

"HOW DARE YOU HURT MY SON!? " He growled down.

Notes:

Oooh that was fun. That was so exciting yo write. I have no idea what it ended up being but oh wow.

I'm sorry it took so long. I confused my schedule and I was actually animating Hamilton animatic for a school project. I'm really proud of myself.

Check it out maybe?: https://youtu.be/zyKLZdoab8o

Also this corona thing is all crazy. We closed our schools but we do distant studying.

Je suis désolé = I'm sorry
Ça va= It's okay  (I think. I still don't know any French)

Everyone stay safe was your hands and thank you for reading! Leave a comment and kudos. Come say hi in Tumblr! @pinxku22