Chapter 8: Aftermath

The camp was silent after the attack. It was quick work destroying the small enemy but some were still wounded and hurt.

The enemy soldiers at least those still left alive were all collected and prisoned. Waiting for their interrogations and punishments.

And if that one idiot who had dared to touch General George Washington's boy was more beaten than the rest. Nobody mentioned it.

And if that said man went missing a few hours later and was never seen again afterward. Well, nobody mentions that either. Nobody will mention either that General Washington was not seen by anyone during that time.

But right now Washington has no time to think what people will mention because he has an unconscious boy in his arms. Boy he had sworn he will protect. The dark bruises forming on that young face made his blood boil with hate every time he sees it.

Laurens had apologized profoundly again and again for not keeping Alexander safe. Washington knows it was not his fault and the bullet wound bleeding on the young man's arm told that he had fought hard.

He orders Lafayette to take Laurens to the med tent and adjusts his grip on his boy. He needs to get his son to a safer more comfortable place.

Washington heads to his own tent glaring at the dark bruises on the boy's face. Washington watches as Alexander finally moves a little. Letting out a soft whimper and snuggling closer to the warm body. The teddy bear was in Alexanders lose fist and about to fall.

They finally get inside and Washington moves around not putting his boy down. Unwilling to let go of him. The scream of terror still ringing in his ears. He starts to clean up the blood from the young face when Alexander whimpers again. Struggling now.

"Shhhh... It's alright son. You're safe now," he whispers to the boy. "Open your eyes, Alexander." He prompts.

After a  few more prompts those violet-blue eyes open for a second before closing again. Another whimper slips out and goes straight through Washington's heart.

"Dad...?" A small voice asks. Small fist curling up against his jacket. The title feels right so he sais it again.

"Dad...!"

Washington's heart might burst at that. Alexander very rarely calls him father in the fear of favoritism around his fellow soldiers. Now his smaller self is calling him dad and it makes him feel all warm inside.

"Yeah kiddo." He whispers soothingly his voice gentle.

" 'urts" Alexander whispers silently. Unsure how admitting pain will be received. When no shouting happens he curls hesitantly closer to Washington. Usually, when father gets all funny Jemmy comforts him afterward. But Jemmy wasn't here. But Dad was safe too.

The general just nods and rubs his back and runs his fingers through the boy's hair. He rocks them back and forth. He wishes he could take the pain away. They rock until Alexander falls asleep in his arms.

The adrenaline starts to fade and his own eyes start to droop. He was just starting to doze when a quiet whisper makes him jump.

"Mon General? I wanted to see if you and mon petit lion are okay." Lafayette asks quietly and instantly looks regretful when he sees that he had stopped the good general from his sleep.

"Ah, Lafayette..." Washington mumbles and adjusts his grip on the small bundle in his arms. Alexander has brought his Teddy closer to his chest now.

The bruises stick to Washington's eyes again and a new wave of rage goes rushes over him. He carefully gets up and sets his boy down on the bed and tucks him in. He then turns at Lafayette, parental rage blazing in his eyes.

"Watch him while I take care of some business. I'll be back soon," he commands silently. Lafayette just nods and sits himself down on the close by the bench.

Washington just nods. He didn't want to leave Alexander but he had a certain soldier to take care of.

When he comes back his hand wrapped up because he had hurt himself in the attack. Nobody mentions it.

Notes:
Washingdad had revenge. Did you like the chapter?

No art this time sorry.
Yes I am late. Not much at least. I'm sorry.

I am an idiot by the way. Guess who started- well restarted-  another multi-chapter story and has two thumbs? Me!

My other story is coming close to the end and this new one will probably take its place. I just kinda stumbled back to Detroit Become Human. And I only have one story in existence that I have left behind so I decided to finish it.

I am cringing at the typos and all over messy writing I had right at the beginning. Ouch.

Also made this mini animation. I am proud

Thank you for reading! Leave a like and a comment those are appreciated!
Come say hi at Tumblr @Pinxku22