Chapter 16 - Gone With The Fairies

Emmeric wasn't kidding when he said he had more important matters to attend to and that he couldn't really give me the attention I wanted. But I was also being truthful when I said I understood that. Honestly, I was more than content enough just to know he had feelings for me too, even if he had other priorities at the moment, and maybe always would.

Which is why I did my absolute best not to bother him too much. After I left his room that day, I made a decision that took up a lot of my time, distracting me from how I wished Emmeric was around us more often, instead of staying in his room all the time. I decided to make a diary, going back to the very first day I got here.

For two straight days, that was all I did while in the library, sitting behind the Victorian table as I felt inspired to write with an old fashioned pen into a new blank book I found. Trying to recall every detail, every feeling I felt, every little of information I got. More than to keep me occupied, I wanted to never forget such wonderful, although some were scary, memories. I was more than aware this was the adventure of a lifetime, nothing as grandiose would ever happen to me again. I would record every moment of it, if I could.

On the third day, I was once again behind the big dark table in the library of the castle, recalling the day we went to the Realm of Elves and how terrified I was. I was wearing a cute white blouse with thin vertical dark grey lines, a notched keyhole neckline and ruffled long sleeves, paired with some lose black high waisted trousers, flowing comfortably down my legs and stopping at my ankle. Short black Mary Jane type of shoes on my feet, I was more comfortable than I've been in a while, thankful to Emmeric for providing me with trousers on my wardrobe again. In the middle of writing asentence, the library's door opened and I gasped at the sight.

With two heavy books under his arm and a smaller one on the other free hand, Emmeric came in languidly, closing the doors behind him and moving to the other side of the table I was at, placing the books down carefully.

Sporting a dark dusty green flowy shirt, with bishop puffy sleeves, tucked into leather brown trousers that had a darker brown belt keeping them in place, some simple black boots on his feet, he looked as dashing as ever. He wasn't quite looking me in the eye, when all I could do was stare at his beautiful face I missed so dearly, but he seemed amused at my reaction.

- I see you've made yourself comfortable in my chair – he notes, throwing a poignant glance at where I was sitting. It took me a minute as I stared with parted lips at him, before his words actually grew meaning inside my brain.

- Oh, right, sorry! I'll move – I immediately said, moving to get up.

- Don't, stop – Emmeric ordered, raising one hand so I would stay where I was. – The sitting situation in this room does need polish.

I watched as he took off one of his gloves just to snap his fingers, surprising me when all of a sudden another chair much like the one I was on appeared to my right from nowhere. He then put his glove back on and carefully strode around the table, pulling such chair back and sitting on it rigidly. I was truly taken aback with him, my heart beating stronger against my chest.

He cleared his throat before looking at me sideways, clasping his covered hands on his lap.

- I have finished my research for now. I have a pretty good idea of what happened and what is, unfortunately, currently happening. Thought you would want to know about it – he explained, trying to keep a nonchalant tone of voice.

- You... left your room – was all I could think about. He finally looked at me at that, his eyes slightly more grey than blue today still taking my breath away.

- Yes. Like I said, I finished my research. There is nothing more I can do back on the third floor to help or better understand the situation we're in. Aren't you curious about that? I thought you'd be excited about this – he confessed, slightly frowned eyebrows as anxiety messed with his features.