Chapter 3 Surprised

Roseanne POV

  It was now Sunday and I was working at Barnes and Noble. I was putting some new books on the shelf. I was standing on top of a ladder so I could put the books in order.

I was putting my last book away on the shelf. 

I was getting off of the ladder until my clumsy self tripped and I fell, but I didn't. Someone caught me bridal style and I looked up and my eyes widened 

"Surprised?" Ms. Manoban said and I immediately got off from her.

"More like scared" I said and she chuckled. Her smile was pretty.

"What are you doing here anyways?" I said as I carried the ladder to the storage room. It was quite heavy and I was struggling  Ms. Manoban laugh and took the ladder from me and carried it instead. "Thanks" I said "No problem, cookie" she wink. I blush at the new nickname 

"I'm here because I need some books" she said as she put the ladder down "what kind of books?" I said looking at her "Uh....cooking books?" She said and I laughed

I walked away and she followed me. We went upstairs and I found the cooking books. I grabbed her a book and hand it to her "Why you need a cooking book?" I said raising an eyebrow. "Um...I want to cook" she said and I giggled.

"Anything else?" I said and she nodded "My cousin is having a baby. Do you have any books for babies or something?" She said an I walked away making her following me.
We arrived at the kids section and I randomly choose her a book. She grabbed it and raise and eyebrow "My friend is a monster?" She said and I sigh. I grabbed the book away from her and grabbed another book for her "The ladybug adventure" she said nodding.

"That's all?" I said and she nodded, but she just stood there "Bye? The checkout is downstairs" I said giggling "Oh! Right, uhh...when do you get off from work?" She said "Um..in like 1 more hour. Why?" I said 

"Wanna grab some coffee?" She said "Only if you buy me cookies" I said smiling "Deal" she said smirking.

"Now, why are you still here? Go checkout!" I said laughing.

"I'll stay here. Just in case.....anything happens" she said sternly and I rolled my eyes and start to work again.

I was almost done and Ms. Manoban was still next to me. This whole time we were talking and she's not that bad to talk too. 

Ms. Manoban was reading a book next to me and I giggled. 

All of the sudden a man came up to me "Excuse me? Do you have any phone number books?" He said and I nodded "Yes we do! Just follow me" I said then walked away .

Ms. Manoban was now walking behind me because the man was next to me. I can feel her starting at us.

We arrived at the section and I gave him the book "here you go sir" I said and gave him the book. He opened the book and looks confused 

"Is there something wrong?" I said and he nodded "Yes! All these numbers, but I still can't find yours. What's your number sweetie?" He said and I got uncomfortable.

"Uh...that's personal" I said backing up "Aw! Come on! Have some fun!" He said coming closer to me.

All of the sudden, Ms Manoban went in front of me and put her arm out protecting me. "GOODBYE SIR!" She said sternly then the man ran away. I heard her chuckled and I sigh as a relief.

"Thank you, I owe you one" I said "See, told you I need to follow you" She said smirking and I laughed.

Her voice was so soothing...