17 | "so, where are we going?"

"No, it's not!" I cry, biting back a smile as I try my best to seem more annoyed than I am

"Yes, it is!" Liam counters, wearing a goofy smile as he bickers with me. "I'm telling you."

"Telling me lies," I tease, lightly shoving his arm. I roll my eyes for emphasis, though I can't stop grinning.

"I'm being honest." Liam squeezes my cheeks with his thumb and forefinger, scrunching my face. He then angles my face toward Emma, who is watching the two of us from her locker with an amused expression. "Tell her she's cute when she's blushing, Emma. She'll listen to you."

I blush once again, shoving Liam away from me. "Stop," I murmur, cheeks flushed.

"Look at you," Liam teases, smirking widely. "You just can't help yourself, can you?"

"I said stop." I laugh as I try and shove him again, though Liam catches my wrists in his grasp.

"Not so fast," he whispers, pinning my wrists against my locker. Then his lips are on mine, kissing me so that I forget I am standing in the crowded hallway at school, where all of our peers can see us.

"That's enough of the PDA," Piper murmurs as she appears by my locker. Liam lingers before me as he glances over at Piper, holding back a grin. I purse my lips to contain a smile, looping my fingers through Liam's.

"Sorry," I say to Piper, shoving Liam's chest. "He just doesn't know how to control himself."

"And if you were dating yourself, you wouldn't know how to control yourself either," Liam defends himself, to which I roll my eyes at.

"Gross," Emma mumbles under her breath as she wrinkles her nose at Liam's comment. I can't hold back my laughter, and soon Piper is chuckling along with me. I'm grateful that my friends have so easily accepted my relationship with Liam, especially since I know they weren't his biggest fans beforehand. Now, however, it's safe to say that like him well enough, and I couldn't be happier.

As if he senses I'm thinking about him, Liam looks down and his eyes meet mine. My cheeks flush as he smiles at me, tucking a strand of loose hair behind my ear before cupping my cheek and kissing me tenderly.

I meet Piper's gaze and she offers me a wide smile, looking truly happy for me. She then shares a look with Emma, both smiling to themselves.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Luke walking down the hallway, heading for his locker. Unfortunately, to get there means he has to pass by me.

I can't help stiffening as he approaches, immensely uncomfortable. Two weeks ago, I went to Luke's house and confessed to him that I had feelings for him. In return, he'd told me that he needed "space" and "time" away from me, which shattered my heart in ways I never thought I'd allow Luke Bradford to be able to. I'd walked home to find Liam waiting for me in my driveway, asking if I'd like to be his girlfriend. Luke had run after me, for what reason I'm still unsure of, and I doubt I'll ever know. Just the sight of him at the moment had me so angry, I'd agreed to be Liam's girlfriend out of spite. Deep down, I know it was a hasty decision only meant to hurt Luke.