𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

⛤⛤⛤

𝑨 𝒇𝒆𝒘 𝒅𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

𝐌om was out with a friend tonight. She wouldn't be back until way late. It was currently eleven o'clock. I wonder how late she meant. Not that it mattered to me. When she was away, I felt a hell of a lot more free. I did enjoy staying up late. Television, snacks, radio up as loud as I could take. Normal teenager stuff.

Eventually, I switched the TV off. Eleven thirty. The light above the stove lit my way to the kitchen. I carefully pulled myself on top of the counter to grab a glass. I always wondered why my mom put the glasses so high up. I filled the glass with tap water and gently pushed myself back down onto the floor. I took a sip of water and set the glass down on the counter.

There was a noise, just outside the kitchen window. That was the one window in the house that didn't lock. I froze. Surely, whoever it was could see a shadow behind the curtains. The window slid open with a squeal.

Shit.

I sprinted to the staircase, hiding myself in the shadow of the hallway. I held my breath.

The pattering of footsteps cascaded into the kitchen of my home. I stay concealed on the stairs, clutching the railing. I had to get out of here. I swallowed hard, waiting until they passed the stairs to discreetly crawl up the stairs. I reached for the phone, glancing between the wall and the hall closet. I ducked into the small space and shut the door, leaving just enough space for the phone cord.

I dialed 911. Nothing could have prepared me for this night. My breath shook; my heart was in my throat. The phone clicked.

My hitched breath echoed in the tiny space, "Hello?" The line on the other side was static.

"911 what's your emergency?" A woman's voice asks. I feel relieved. Safe.

"There's people in my house," I start, "Three of them." My hitched breath echoes through the tiny room. I peer out of the little crack in the door. One person walks passed the closet. I cover my mouth with my hand

"What's the address?" The operator asks. I open my mouth to tell her, but it shuts immediately when light begins to flood the space. The phone falls to the floor, making a metallic click. The other line went dead. I cowered in the corner, trying to hide behind the large coat in front of me. But I knew there was no point.

⛤⛤⛤

Low Tide Lovers (Peter x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें