Chapter 4

Louise- age 4
Lance- age 4

Lance's POV
I stare wide eyed at the hand holding mine. His hands are unbelievably soft and smooth, his white skin glistered in soft light in the afternoon.

We arrived at a beautiful garden. What attracted me most was the beautiful tree in the midst of pretty flowers. I stare in absolutely awe at the scenery.

"Isn't beautiful?" A gentle voice of child snapped me out of my fantasy.
"Y-yes! definitely your highness!" to say im not embarrassed is a lie. My face was extremely red, having to stutter infront of his highness was shameful.
"You don't need to so tense, father said we should get along. So we should be comfortable with each other." His highness smiled warmly at me.
"Your highness is too kind! I am unworthy!" I bowed deeply in appreciation of the prince kindness. Kind and caring and also warm! Definitely befitting of being the "gentle prince"[1]
"As to signify our friendship today onwards, you shall call me by my name or you could give a nickname and i shall do the same" The prince faced me and held out his hand whilst still having the gentle smile in his face.

I just stared at him blankly processing what he said. Did i get that right? The Crown prince wants to be my friend? Am i worthy? What if im not worthy? What if in the future i wont be able to uphold being his highness friend? With all the these depressing thought in my head. I fail to notice tears gathers in the corners of my eyes. Only when i felt someone wiping it away did i snap out of my thoughts.

I see his highness wiping my tears whilst still smiling.
"Hm? Why are you crying? Its fine if you dont want to. No one is forcing you." He's still smiling and patted my head as if comforting a child, in which i am.
"N-No! I-its just w-What if i-m u-Unworthy?" In midst of my stuttering the prince only continued to pat my head comfortingly. Now, hearing my words he just smiled at me and hugged me.
"Haha. How could you be unworthy? Your father is my father's best friend and rival. now, as their children, we ought to continue that bonď. If you think that just because you are my friend its your responsibility to protect me, if so. Please erase that thought, we are friends now and we protect each others back like our fathers did in their childhood." With those words i wiped away my tears and looked at his higness.
"Your highness is too kind. I'll definitely be your friend! I'll be always be by your side." I exclaimed, then i kneeled down and closed my eyes.
"I, Lance Collins, Son of General Collins, plead to be his Highness, The Crown prince, Louise France Z. Salvatore, friend and right hand man. I will swore before the heavens that i will not betray my future king and only be loyal to him and only him." After i vowed i looked at his higness. He was looking at me with a surprised faced. I thought it was cute.
"This.. Then I shall accept you as my trusted friend." His highness was smiling brightly.

"Would you like to do something? This is my first time gaining a friend" i see the prince look a bit flustered and again i thought it was a cute sight.

"Can i ask what you akways do alone?" I ask. But secretly i am gaining information about his highness hobbies for my satisfaction so in the future i am one of the people who knows his highness best. I smugly thought.

"Well i normally read book in our library and learn about magic and other stuff related to this world. I also admire and plant herbs amd flowers, infact some of the flowers here are planted by me and i also have my own small garden that contains my herbs that i personally planted myself..." i stared at Louise-sama's face that was filled with happiness when talking about his hobbies and likes. I can't help but admire Louise-sama's face, I myself thought that my face is already good but compared to Louise-sama's. My own face is slightly inferior.

"Im sorry i was probably babbling too much, you are probably not interested in such thing's." As Louise-sama said things like that. He was infront of a rose bush drawing circles on the ground. This image.. i cant help but think its funny. Who knew that such behavior would look adorable because of Louise-sama.

"No! Of course not! How could it be. I was just deep in my thoughts. Its because you look cute while talking about something you like." I appeased his highness, not thinking about the words and that i just admitted his highness looked cute.

"I.. you think im cute??" And i froze. I finally realized what i said.

"N-no of course not!" I blurted out in embarrassment. But suddenly realize, again, that it sound like an insult. " I-I-I mean his highness looked good! Not cute! His highness is definitely handsome and not cute" Im dead. Not literally. But im dead. I wished i could dug a hole for myself. Father im sorry but your son has dissapointed you. My face probably look ridiculous, my face was redder than any red and steam was coming out of my ears.

"Hahahaha! I didn't expect that you lance could be so cute too." I my face was all red.

"Lets just forget this moment. Hahahaha" the prince was still laughing. Although my face is red but im also happy. Seing his highness, no, Louise-sama happy is my happiness.

"Ho? Ara ara~ whats this?? Whose child is this?? Daring to hang out with my precious son? Fufu~"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Hey guyss!! Sorry for the short chapter but i hope you enjoy it!

Finally the mama bear finally made her appearance! I wonder what will happen?

-LeLiorna💜