"I Need You"

**Sorry for updating a day late! I just got an idea for this chapter today. Also, sorry for such a short chapter. It's more of a filler than  anything.**

You sigh and lean back on the wall, grip tight on your plastic red cup which holds nothing other than water. You glance around the dimly lit apartment.

There are thirty, maybe forty, other people here. You don't know anyone except for the hosts of the party who are nowhere to be seen.

You won't lie. The music is pretty good, but you are far too sober to dance, and you'd like to stay that way.

While you're legally able to drink, you have no desire to. You don't exactly like the taste of alcohol and don't enjoy the feeling of being drunk, let alone the aftermath of it.

I can't say I disagree with you, though.

Your smile immediately perks up when you spot an equally sober and uncomfortable Eli walking towards you. You stand up straight and greet the male.

"Hey." You wave, gaining another in return. "What's up?" The male asks, rhetorically, meaning the question as a greeting.

You sigh and lean your head on his shoulder.

"You want to dance or something?" You ask, realizing that the male was staring out at the intoxicated group of adults dancing a few feet away. He understands that you don't mean this as a genuine request and shakes his head. "Nah. I think it's a little too early to be embarrassing myself." He jokes, resulting in a soft chuckle from you.

After a few moments of silence, you let out a yawn and lift your head, turning towards the male with a tired look on your face.

"I'm gonna get going." You say. The male raises a brow, tilting his head. "It's barely 1." He says, wanting you to stay.

"I know. I'm just really tired." You fake another very convincing yawn. You usually stay up till all hours of the night, and sometimes go full days without sleep. You're not tired at all. You just feel uncomfortable at parties like this.

"And, plus. This isn't really my scene." You make a gesture at the apartment full of intoxicated young adults. "Thank you, though. I had a lot of fun." You give him a smile and raise your hand, making a movement with your index finger that means 'bend down'.

(Eli is a lot taller than you. If you're 5 feet, he's 6 foot. If you're 6 foot, he's 7 foot, and so on, although he's no shorter than 6 foot, so if you're 4 feet tall, he's still 6 foot)

The male bends his knees a significant amount to that his face is level with yours. "Why do you want me to—" Eli stops speaking when he feels your lips make contact with his cheek.

You pull away and smile, tilting your head. "I'll see you tomorrow." You say before walking away.

On your way out of the living room, you see the pair of pink-haired twins.

Sarah's head is down on top of her arms, which are folded on top of the table. She's obviously awake and she's shaking as if she's sobbing silently, which she isn't doing.

She's audibly sobbing, seemingly distraught. Her shoulders bob at every quiet cry.

Although you can't hear anything you can tell she's crying.

"You're leaving already?" Cody turns to you and asks.

You stop in your tracks and nod. "Yeah. I'm getting tired— Is she okay?" You start, speeding through the first part of the answer with an uninterested tone, but the emotion in your voice soon changing to concern for the sobbing pinkette.

Sarah's entire body tenses up upon hearing your voice and she starts to make an attempt at stifling the sobs. She holds her breath as if she doesn't want you to hear her crying.

Cody turns to look at his sister, not knowing why she's such a mess right now. She just stared off into space for a few seconds and then burst into tears.

"I... I don't know. I think she just had a little too much to drink."

You nod and glance at the table in front of them. There're multiple small bottles of— well, they're empty now, but I assume that there was some sort of alcohol.

"How many of those are hers?" You ask. Cody sighs. "All of them."

You turn to Sarah. "Are you okay?" You ask.

A few moments pass as she gathers herself. The pink-haired female slowly uses the spinning barstool to turn towards you with her head down.

You gasp slightly upon seeing her face, which is red, due to the crying. You reach out and rest a hand on her shoulder, rubbing her arm to comfort her, much to her pleasure, but she keeps on her devastated front, continuing to sniffle.

"What's wrong?" You ask. The girl sniffs and takes a deep, shaky breath as she shakes her head. She appears to be trying to stop crying.

"I-It's nothing..." She starts with a sigh. "C-Can I just... Have a hug?" She asks, fake sadness in her voice.

You nod with genuine sadness in your eyes. "Sure."

You engulf the shorter female in a warm hug, her nuzzling her face in the crook of your neck.

You wrap your arms around her and she keeps her hands clutched at her chest.

She quietly sobs and fights off the urge to smile.

She's not sad. None of the tears are real.

This is not the result of alcohol. This is just the result of an amazing liar feeling insecure.

This is manipulation.

Cody glares at the display, realizing what his sister is trying to do. Although he has yet to find out what it is, knowing Sarah, she has a plan.

Whatever it is, he doesn't like it.

You pat the female's back, not noticing that she's sniffing your hair.

"It's okay..."

The girl smiles weakly on your neck. Her lips had ended up pressed against it. She makes sure that it only seems like an accidental action, but keeps her head in that position, enjoying it.

"Do you... need anything?" You ask. She nods.

"I need you..." She whispers, you feel the warm breath against your neck.

"What?" You ask. The girl shakes her head.

"Nothing. Thank you for this." She reluctantly pulls away, a slight slur in her voice. She casually takes your hands in hers, staring into your [E/C] eyes.

"No problem." You smile kindly.

"But, I'd better get going." You sigh. Sarah's grip goes tighter on your hands for a split second, an accidental slip, showing that she doesn't want you to leave.

She does let go, though. "Well, bye." She says, allowing you to leave.

You smile before leaving the living room, and soon the apartment, heading to your own.