Chapter Nine

Hey my loves, hope you enjoy this chapter and I hope you have an amazing weekend ahead.

Corey's POV

From the minute I woke up this morning, I've been feeling a bit off. Last night's incident has left me feeling shaky and nervous and I constantly felt like I was being watched. 

I lay back against my pillows as the memories from last night started playing back through my mind. I remembered waking up, my mind feeling dazed, but uneasy for some reason. As I looked around the room, I noticed the open window and I frowned, because I didn't recall opening them. For some reason my breath started coming out in gasps as fear took hold of me. I didn't even know what was causing me to feel so scared, but I did know that window was supposed to be shut.

My mind was still fogged with sleep, so it left me feeling very confused as my mind tried to join dots that shouldn't have been there to begin with. I slowly turned my head, my neck feeling stiff, almost like it didn't want to turn at all, but I was forcing it to.

Finally my eyes reached the end of my bed and my eyes widened at the figure standing there. My brain instantly woke me up and sent danger signals down my spine as I slowly looked over the figure.  As the person moved their arm, the soft moonlight glinted off the sharp metal object in his hands and I felt a scream push it's way up and out of my throat.  The figure let out a quiet expletive as he quickly rushed to the window and climbed out. I kept screaming, my body locked up tight from tension, not letting go for even a second.

I heard footsteps pounding down the hallway outside my door and my door got thrust open, banging against the wall as Hayden was highlighted in the light streaming through from the hallway. If I wasn't in such a state of shock, I would probably have started drooling at the amount of tanned skin and muscles on display, but as it was, my mind barely registered the fact that he wasn't wearing a shirt.

He seemed to quickly scan the room, before he ran to me and scooped me up in his muscular arms. I felt myself shaking as he held me and then asked me what happened. I told him, stuttering and crying through it all, but he listened patiently, before he leaned over and pushed the panic button next to the bedside table.

I was just calming down a bit, when I got the fright of my life as three men came barging into my room, guns out. Hayden was pissed at them, I could tell from the way his body tensed, but he pushed it aside as he told them what happened and gave them orders on what he wanted done. I must admit, he's really hot when he takes charge like that, I thought to myself. Then I had to duck my head down as I blushed bright red at my thoughts. this really wasn't the time for this.

I was still crying, when I felt Hayden stand up, with me still in his arms, as he made his way downstairs. I wasn't paying attention to anything, just the warmth of him holding me, when I heard him answer his phone. He was a bit snappy at first, which made me want to giggle, but then he seemed to calm down slightly and told the person on the other end what had happened. I heard Hayden sigh as he disconnected the call. He looked at me a bit worriedly, before asking me if I would be okay with his friends coming over. I mean, it's his house and his friends are concerned, so that is exactly what I told him.

Everything after that was a bit fuzzy. I remember that Hayden had put me down on the counter to make me some tea, then I remembered Leo and another guy came in at the same time as Greg, who came through the back door. The other guy's name was Dean and it seemed like he was another close friend of Hayden's. He was just as good looking, but intimidating as Leo, although I could see a slight spark of mischief in his eyes as he looked at me.

All our attention focused on Greg though when he started telling us what they had found out so far and the part where the guy seemed to be a professional and that he had a knife in his hands really hit me hard. Someone was in my room and by the look of things, he had every intention of hurting me, maybe even killing me.