Chapter Fifteen

Guys, I'm quitting smoking. It's been just over a week now, and I really, really want one, but after the whole pneumonia scare, I promised my kids I would stop.

Corey's POV

My mind was reeling from the evening's events, but I kept trying to push it away. I needed to focus on something else right now, or else I was going to break down, so I focussed on Hayden.

I knew the gunshot to his leg wasn't bad, but I still felt better knowing that Timmy was on his way here to have a look at the wound himself.

As the thought of the young doctor popped into my mind, I quickly glanced at Hayden's friend, Randy. It didn't take a genius to know how the man felt about the doctor and I ducked my head to hide the smile I could feel tugging at my lips.

Hayden was up to something, I could see it in the small smirk he has on his mouth. I also knew it had something to do with Randy and Timmy, and I was very interested to see what happened.

I had seriously never met two people more stubborn or hellbent on denying any type of feelings, even if those same feelings were loud enough to scream at everyone else around them.

Right now we were sitting in the lounge, waiting for Timmy to come and have a look at Hayden's leg. He should be here any minute and I could see how impatient Randy was becoming. He was tapping his fingers against his leg and bouncing his leg up and down.

The minute the doorbell rang, he jumped up and practically ran to the door. I tried to stifle the giggle that was trying to bubble up my throat, but a small burst of it popped out of my mouth, before I clamped my hands over it.

I sheepishly looked up at Hayden, only to see his eyes sparkling with amusement, so I let out a breath of relief and dropped my hands, smiling at him.

"This should be interesting." He mumbled, just before Randy came walking back inside, with Timmy right on his heels.

I watched as Timmy kept peeking at Randy from under his lashes and I had to quickly duck my head to hide my smile again. I don't think Randy would appreciate the humour in the situation.

"Can I get you anything to drink, Timmy?" Randy asked and the young doctor smiled as he nodded in agreement.

"Some water would be great, thanks." He replied quietly.

As soon as Randy left the lounge, Timmy stepped closer to us. "So what happened this time? I swear, you two need to come with a health hazard warning or something." He muttered exasperated.

I could understand his sentiment, because he had to already treat me for my injuries and now it was Hayden.

Hayden laughed as he sat down on the couch. "I was shot in the leg, Doc. Corey has cleaned and covered it, but I wanted to make sure it won't get infected or cause any more trouble, and maybe some stitches if it's needed." Timmy nodded as he listened to Hayden, then he pointed to Hayden's legs.

"I'm going to have to ask you to remove your pants so I can see your leg." It was said in such a matter-of-fact way, but Timmy's cheeks heated up to a bright red and I could feel the jealousy spike within myself, even though I tried to push it down.

Hayden got back up again, and was just about to unbutton his jeans, when Randy came walking back in with Timmy's water. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He gritted out between clenched teeth.

Timmy looked startled for a second, before his cheeks blushed even more, even though he now also looked slightly annoyed. "Calm your tits Randy, I need to see his leg and I can't exactly do that if he's wearing fucking denim, now can I?" He asked, his tone of voice not lost on the two Dom's in the room.