Ch1 All that Glitters is NOT Gold

Cover art from Sakimi-Chan- please consider their Patreon or instagram if you want to see more delicious boys and girls! All was explained in the summary so here we go!
~
You wouldn't say that you were a HUGE fan of the newest pro heroes of the time, but you could at least say you knew of them. Right now it was all about Deku, Shoto, Ground Zero, Red Riot and Ingenium... well not ALL about them, but the media really blew the young boys up. It had been about 2 years since their separate debuts and they were shown on the news from time to time.

You were born quirkless, but you learned to get over it- never wanting to become a hero anyways- I mean it looks really cool at first, but literally jumping into danger every day, with real guns and villains? It's a lot less flashy and fun when you really get to the reality of it.

You lived in a town beside the major one, working a simple stable job not worth mentioning. You had a one bedroom apartment that was stylish and you had acquired a grey cat you had named Flint. It was your day off.

Walking out of your bedroom into your kitchen in your underwear and a baggy shirt you fed the hungry one, and made some pancakes, taking a mental note to buy eggs since you couldn't make the omelet you wanted due to lack thereof.

On flicked the boob-tube.

"Breaking News!: All quirkless women in the state region must report to listed facilities to be checked briefly for a rare but deadly disease activated by a recent villain in the area. I repeat- it is required by law that all quirkless women attend said checkups to avoid future endangerment."

You swallowed a thick bit of pancakes.

So much for a relaxing fucking day off. You openly groaned and threw your head back.

You hated physical exams- what if this was just a secret government ploy to get rid of all you rare normies left? You closed you eyes and whined softly, feeling your pet jump into your lap, meowing softly sensing your distress.

"Why is it so hard to live peacefully?" You idly pet him, somewhat calmed by his loud purring.

~

The grocery store was packed, like- ridiculously so. You had begun to wonder if the market made the same mistake as last summer to sell rice for buy one get one free (bad call- 3 people were trampled that day). But there weren't any notices in the paper, and there wasn't anyone moving into the store either. You groaned, parking the bike and grabbing your reusable shopping bags.

Whatever it was- a 45 minute bike ride would NOT go wasted for whatever they were crowding around excitedly. You took a deep breath and pushed through the crowd, trying to inch towards the entrance as they hovered around someone in the center.

"Ground Zero!!"

"It's Ground Zero!"

"I love you Bakugou!!!"

"An autograph please-"

"HEY HANDS TO YOURSELF!!!"

You guessed as a logical being that in the center of said crowd was famous hero Ground Zero- and though it would be mildly amusing to see the rowdy male in the flesh you were quite annoyed by all the pushing and noise.

Heroes were great people for doing the dangerous jobs- sure, but they were human too, you couldn't say just like everyone else but... they were born and made the choices they made- you felt they should be treated nearly the same as everyone else.

You managed a curious glance at the male as he stepped up onto a crate to get the high ground whilst trying to get a speech across.

"What did I say?!! Jesus you women! LET ME FINISH MY SENTENCE-!!" But he was being bombarded by star struck citizens and somehow the paparazzi got to this little town.