Acceptance (FGS)

I sat on my bed waiting for the call. When I was leaving I ran into this young boy who couldn't have been more than 14. My mom knocked on my door.

"Sweetie? Min-woo? Have you been called yet?"

Before I could reply my phone rang. It was the company. I quickly picked up the phone and said, "Hello?"

"Mr. Min-woo?"

"Speaking."

"Congratulations. Come by Big Hit tomorrow to meet your band mates."

"O-ok." I said and hung up the phone. I was so shocked that I stood there for a solid 3 minutes before I screamed so loud I thought the neighbors would complain.

"Min-woo? Are you ok?" My mom asked as she entered my room.

"I did it! I'm in a group!" I screamed and hugged her.

"Honey, that's amazing!"

"What's all the yelling about?" My brother, Bae-min, asked.

"Your brother joined a kpop group!" My mom said to him.

"Oh, congrats! Another famous sibling." He said. Our younger sister, Hana, is a model and right now she's in America for a shoot. Bae-min tried to join a group a few years ago but he ended up leaving because of the pressure and started his own rapping career underground. He'd made it pretty far. Our parents were CEO's of beauty companies. That's how Hana got into modeling.

——

The next day, I walked into the soon-to-be-familiar Big Hit building. Passing by, I saw a room labeled BTS with loud music playing. I stopped and watched through the slightly open door. They were so good. I wanted to be like them. I continued walking. I finally found a room with my name and some others. I walked in and there was a young boy sitting on the leather couch. He was scrolling on his phone, waiting. I knocked and he looked up.

"Hello." He smiled and waved at me. "My name is Taō Ying."

"I'm Jung Min-woo. Nice to meet you, Ying." I said reaching out for a handshake. He gladly took it and invited me to sit down.

"What position did you audition for?" He asked, putting his phone away.

"I auditioned for a rapping position." I said. "What about you?"

"I auditioned to be a lead dancer." He said smiling brighter. Suddenly, another knock was heard. 3 more boys stood. One of them was no more than 14.

"I-I'm Lee Joon-Tae!" He said bowing low.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"I'm 13, sir." He said standing back up.

"Don't call me sir, makes me feel old. I'm Jung Min-woo. I'm 17." I said to the new group.

"I'm Taō Ying. I'm 16." Ying said.

"Lee Nam-ji. 16." The one on the left said.

"I'm Kim Dae-Won and I'm 18. Well, that makes me the oldest." He sighed. He was tall. Stood at probably 3 inches over me. He also looked very tired, like he'd stayed up the entire week before.

"Alright boys, now that you've met it's time to get acquainted." We all turned around.

"Hello, Mr. Bang!" We all said and bowed.

"At ease, boys. If you'd look in the files by the wall, there's a bunch of cards. All of you wrote some facts on them and I'd like for you to read them and figure out who they belong to." He said. "I'll leave you to it, in about an hour I'll send in your groups personal manager who will help you figure out your positions and how you will be represented in the group. Enjoy your first day." He finished and walked out.

"Thank you, sir!l I said as he left. I walked over and picked up the cards. Each one had three bullet-points written on each.

"Each of you can take one of these." I said handing the rest.

Mine read:

-I have a younger brother

-I'm over six feet

-I auditioned for a rapping position

"I think I have Taō Ying's!" Said Joon-tae.

"Please, call me Ying." He said and giggled.

"Is it yours though?" Joon-tae repeated.

"No, sorry." I noticed that Ying was very soft and tender with Joon-tae.

"What does it say?" Nam-ji asked.

"It says, I have two siblings, my parents own a huge company, and I'm very cute."

"That's me!" I said.

"Oooo! What company?" Dae-Won asked.

"They are CEO's of beauty company SkinFood."

"Wow! That's so cool!" Joon-tae said.

"I think I have Dae-Won's card." I said. He came over and read the card.

"Yup, that's me." He said.

"So you auditioned to be a rapper too?"

"Yeah, I'm a pretty good one too." He said with a smile.

"Let's hear it." I said eagerly.

We all sat down as he started rapping so English song. He rapped the entire song and it was so fast I couldn't even understand.

"What song was that?"

"Rap God."

"That's so cool!!" Joon-tae yelled. There was a knock on the door and everyone went quiet.

————

Sorry for the long wait! I've been to japan and then school started and I haven't had much time to write. Forgive me T-T

-Emo Cherry