15🔞

Jisoo

"What are you doing here?"

I turn around to find a woman I vaguely recognize. I know her from somewhere but can't pinpoint exactly where. Her blonde hair is teased, her top is low-cut enough to show me her push-up bra, and hints of red lipstick decorate her front teeth.

"And you are?" I question.

"I'm Joohyun, Jennie's sister," she answers with a snarl.

Ah, yes.

I've arrested her a few times. She's called me every name in the book and then some I've never heard before. Chick might be a junkie, but she's creative as fuck with her insults.

"You need to leave," she demands with a hostility I don't understand.

Jennie said her sister hated my guts, but damn, this is overboard.

We're in a crowd of people, and my hands are full with concession stand snacks. This isn't the best place to hold this conversation.

"I'm here for the same reason you are," I answer. "To watch the football game."

Her shoulders slightly relax, but her tone is still louder than necessary. "Mingsoon said you got him off the hook for stealing from that Garfield bitch."

People stop at her words, and they glance at us with curiosity, some even with disgust.

I lower my voice, hoping she'll do the same. "I helped him out, yes."

"Why?"

"I like to help people."

She takes a step toward me. "Is that what you're doing? Helping my sister like you're goddamn Superman? Do not use my children as a pawn to fuck her." She shakes her head. "I know your type. Your stuck-up wife who can't suck dick properly bores you in the bedroom, so you come to us trash to entertain you instead. When you're finished getting your rocks off, we get thrown away."

Fuck, the shit Jennie has to put up with from this woman.

No wonder she's always stressed the fuck out. This girl has raised my blood pressure after a five-minute conversation. I can't imagine what it's like to live around her. I need to help Jennie remove some of her sister's weight off her shoulders, maybe help out with the kids.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, Joohyun, but there's no boring housewife sitting at home, so I don't understand what you're talking about," I reply with a smile. "And I doubt I'll ever grow bored with her."

She winces and takes a moment to come up with a response. She didn't expect my answer. "You'll have one eventually and then throw my sister away. I'm here to stop that."

"It won't happen, so do yourself a favor and stop worrying about Jennie. Pass your worries onto your children. Now, let's go enjoy your son's game."

I walk away before she can respond and head toward the bleachers where Ella and Jennie are waiting. I hand them their goods and take a seat next to Jennie. Minutes later, Joohyun and a man sit down in the row behind us.

"Jisoo," Jennie says, gesturing to them, "this is my sister and her friend—"

"My boyfriend, Roger," Joohyun corrects.

"Right, Roger," Jennie replies.

I give them a nod. "It's nice to meet you."

Joohyun gives me a cold glare. "Really, asshole? You going to act like we didn't share words back there?"