Chapter 10

Dressed in a black bikini bathing suit, hair damp from her early morning swim, Jennie sat back in one of the many lounge chairs that surrounded the indoor pool at her home. She laid there with her eyes closed and thought of the events that took place yesterday. A small smile appeared on her lips. The fun filled moments and laughs she shared with her friends at the miniature golf course had really made her day. Things that friends do. Friends? There was that question again. Jennie had felt as though they were all friends. Chanmi and Mino were for sure friends... but Lisa... were they now genuinely friends? Jennie was not sure. It was as though the blonde had flipped a switch and was suddenly this wonderful person. The person Jennie had wished Lisa could have always been. Jennie chuckled to herself when she thought of the fun she had when Lisa was guiding her on the air hockey table. Moving her this way and that. Then she thought of how Lisa had shielded her from that jock, Henry. Who Jennie had judged for herself as an egotistical individual. She had not noticed it at the time, but Lisa had protected her. Jennie felt her heart expand a little at the gesture. It was sweet. It was something a friend would do. Jennie closed her eyes and let out a contented sigh.

Lisa stuffed her hands in her jacket pockets as she walked through her neighborhood. There were a lot of things on her mind and she could not stay cooped up in her house any longer. Okay, maybe it wasn't a lot of things on her mind... but Jennie was a lot to think about. Lisa smiled softly to herself. She had a blast with the brunette yesterday. They goofed around during their golf game and Jennie had even smiled at her a few times. God, that smile. Lisa shook her head. How could she had deprived herself of that smile for so long? She wanted more of that. More 'happy Jennie' and she wanted to be the source of that happiness... if Jennie was willing to give her the chance. Lisa nodded to herself. She knew what she had to do. Time to suck it up and be a woman.

The following Monday at school, Jennie was at her locker retrieving a book for her third period class.

"Jennie?"

The brunette spun around at the sound of her voice. "Lisa?" she questioned. She was surprised to see the blonde. It was unusual for Lisa to be on this side of campus at this time because ordinarily she would be heading to her favorite class, physical education. But that was way on the other side of the school. Jennie looked the brunette over and judging by the body language, Lisa seemed oddly nervous about something.

"I... I need you to come with me somewhere."

"Pardon?"

"Can you come with me somewhere?"

"Um, okay..." Jennie answered a bit confused. "Where?"

"It's off campus."

"What? Now? I have to get to class."

"You're not going to class. You're ditching with me," Lisa stated.

"Ditching?" Jennie frowned. "Lisa, I can't."

"You can. And since we're technically friends now, you have to ditch with me. Friends ditch together."

Jennie's eyes became shifty and she bit her bottom lip, unsure.

"We won't get caught, I promise. I'm kind of an expert at this."

Jennie was still hesitant.

"Please?" Lisa softly requested. "I have to tell you something really important and it can't wait."

"You can't tell me now?"

Lisa shook her head. "Not here."

Jennie saw the intensity and seriousness in Lisa's eyes. The blonde's expression was almost pleading with her. "Okay," she found herself saying.