Chapter 25

Half an hour had passed since Jennie had stormed out of the Manoban household, leaving Lisa in a haze of confusion. Lisa did not feel she was in the wrong for standing up to Henry in order to protect herself and Jennie. However, she knew keeping the incident a secret from Jennie for months was a mistake. What a mess. Lisa was not sure how to fix this one. Should she call? Text? Grovel on her knees at Jennie's doorstep? She didn't know.

Uhm did not help matters. She only made Lisa feel more frustrated about the situation. She did not tell her mother the true nature of the argument, just that she and Jennie had a disagreement. Her mother was not completely satisfied with that answer but that was all Lisa wanted to share with her.

The blonde sat in her backyard on steps, thinking about the argument. Lisa had never seen Jennie so angry before and never thought she was capable of making her that upset. She heard the backdoor squeak open but did not bother to look over her shoulder.

"Lisa?"

It was Jackson.

"What's up?" She quietly replied.

"Nothin' much. I just got home." The younger boy curiously looked around the backyard. "Where's Jennie?"

Lisa cringed at Jackson's question and shrugged. "At home, maybe. Hell, if I should know."

Jackson frowned. "Lisa, how could she be home if her car is parked out front? Isn't she here?"

This got Lisa's attention and she finally looked up with a questioning expression on her face. "What do you mean her car's out front?"

Jackson seemed slightly annoyed that Lisa seemed so clueless. "I mean, her car is outside. I figured she was in the house somewhere."

Lisa stood to her feet. "Was she in the car?"

Jackson shrugged, confusion etched on his face. "I didn't look. I thought she was the house, like I said."

Lisa hurriedly pushed past Jackson and ran through the house. She yanked the front door open and jogged down the steps before looking down the street. Just as Jackson had said, Jennie's car was on the street a few cars down. Lisa walked over to sporty Lexus and approached the driver's side window. Jennie was sitting there with her head down and hands in her lap. She looked sad. Lisa took a breath before lightly rapping on the window. Jennie was slightly startled out of her thoughts. She glanced up and saw Lisa standing there. The brunette quickly wiped at the tears on her face, hoping Lisa could notice, but Lisa had already seen. Jennie turned her car keys, powering on the car and rolled down the window.

"Hi," Jennie spoke, sheepishly glancing up at Lisa before lowering her eyes.

"Hi. I thought you had taken off already."

Jennie slowly shook her head. "No."

They stand there silently for a moment. Lisa stuffed her hands in the back pocket of her jeans, not sure what to say. Jennie was still here. That had to be a good sign... or was it?

"Get in."

Lisa frowned slightly. "Huh?"

"Get in the car, Lisa. Please."

Lisa went around the car and climbed into the passenger side and closed the door. Silence again. Lisa looked over at Jennie and saw the brunette fidgeting with her hands.

"Jennie..."

Her words were cut short by Jennie's lips when the brunette suddenly cupped her face and pulled her in for a passionate kiss. Lisa readily reciprocated, closing her eyes. Jennie was kissing her with full on passion and Lisa felt it all through her body. The brunette painfully squeezed her eyes shut, trying to hold back her tears. She was so relieved Lisa was kissing her back, despite how she had lashed out at Lisa moments ago. The kiss came to a slow end and Lisa was the first to speak. "Okay..."