Chapter 12

Lisa was tired of feeling useless. She wanted to go out and play ball, laugh until she couldn't breathe, or even stretch her hands above her head to give her muscles some relief, but she couldn't. This was all because of fucking Henry Lau and this damn rib injury. The only thing, well, person that has been brightening her dark moods was Jennie.

It had been nearly three weeks since Jennie had granted Lisa her forgiveness and since then the two girls have been inseparable. Jennie liked spending time with Lisa and Lisa liked spending time with Jennie. It was that simple. In fact, the only reason Lisa was allowed to see Jennie, despite her being grounded, was because the brunette was keeping her up to speed with their school lessons. Jennie was going over to the Manoban household at least three or four times per week and when she didn't come over, she and Lisa would talk or text on the phone. They would be up in Lisa's room where she and the blonde would go over school assignments and homework. Realistically, Lisa could give a rat's ass what she missed in school, but if it meant more time with Jennie and making Uhm happy, she was fine with it.

During these study sessions, they began to talk and get to know each other better. As the weeks progressed they grew closer as friends. This new friendship was a wonderful thing of course, however, they both knew there was still an unexplained connection between them. Quite often they would share these little moments that undoubtedly displayed feelings that went beyond friendship. Individually or at the same time, Lisa and Jennie found themselves intoxicated by the attraction for one another. They would sense that overwhelming draw, but then quickly push those feelings aside for the sake of their new friendship.

An occurrence of one of these moments happened just last week, when Lisa had gotten the stitches removed from her cheek.

Lisa was in the den, sitting on the couch when she heard her mother greeting Jennie at the front door. Seconds later, Jennie entered the den, looking as beautiful as ever in one of her school dresses. Lisa quickly pushed the thought away and gave a friendly smile, concealing her true thoughts. "Hey, Jennie."

"Hi, Lisa. Why aren't you up in your room?" She asked quizzically, sitting beside the blonde.

"Pure laziness..." Lisa grumbled, from her slightly slump position on the couch. "After I went to the doctor I didn't really feel like battling the staircase until I had to."

"Oh, I see," the brunette nodded. She knew even climbing a staircase caused Lisa to have pain. "So, your stitches are out now. May I?" She asked, indicating she wanted to take a closer look.

Lisa smiled lightly and sat up a bit. She raised the leg closest to Jennie onto the couch and turned her body towards the brunette. "You know I can't deny you that," Lisa purred.

Jennie scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Shut up."

Lisa let out a soft chuckle as Jennie cupped her face. As the brunette inspected her wound, Lisa could not help but stare at the beautiful girl in front of her. Those striking brown eyes, those well sculpted cheekbones, those plump kissable lips. This felt much like the time when Jennie had tended to her nose during the football game at the park. Her heart was beating fast and Lisa knew she was still infatuated with this girl. But they were becoming friends now, and that was a line Lisa was afraid to cross. Lisa attempted to control her breathing as Jennie delicately ran a thumb under the light pink cut on her cheek,

"They did a good job," Jennie commented, still eyeing the injury. "You'll hardly notice a scar there."

"I'm glad you aprove, doctor," Lisa lightly smirked. Again, trying to conceal her true feelings with humor.