Chapter Four

Harry walked onto the platform with Sirius and Remus, all three ignoring the looks. All three were dressed as Muggles since they'd spent what remained of the summer with Harry in that world, Sirius getting used to his freedom and not wanting to move into the family home until the renovations were complete. They'd spent yesterday at the Black country seat for the reading of Arcturus' will and Sirius was still dealing with his grandfather's death. He hadn't gotten the chance to see the man since his release and that hurt. The funeral had been awkward with the Malfoy's there as well as several other distant relatives, most of whim had Death Eater ties but not even they would act at a funeral. Harry had been able to attend as he carried Black blood and was Sirius' heir. Sirius was now Lord Black and would be going straight to Gringotts from the station to get things moving on kicking certain people out of the family while bringing others in.

He had filled them in on the plan for the Sorting Feast and they both wanted to be there as back up but there was no way for them to do so. Harry would be the safest person in the castle, technically. That didn't put their minds at ease.

Harry was worried more about the train trip, meeting people he had known, had seen die...Hermione, Luna, so many people he hadn't seen for over a decade. But they wouldn't know him, he'd just be the Boy-Who-Lived to them. Should he even try and make friends with them when he didn't plan to stay? He missed Ichigo, so much but there'd been no word yet. They must have been separated in the time stream or Ichigo would have found a way to contact him. He had Sirius and Remus but that didn't take away the loneliness after so long together.

"I hate letting you go alone," Sirius admitted softly, pulling Harry into a hug. Harry hugged him back.

"I'll be fine," he promised. "Nejibana has my back and the castle will too." Sirius let him go and Remus pulled him into a hug.

"Be careful pup," Remus whispered.

"Promise," he curled into the werewolf's warmth before turning and getting on the train. He was carrying no obvious luggage except a shoulder satchel. He'd left Hedwig with Sirius to keep her safe, just in case. He had his uniform, a few books, and pyjamas in the bag, anything else he needed would be brought tomorrow by Sirius and Remus. He found an empty compartment and settled in with a book. With his hair longer and straighter, no glasses and his scar all but gone he was hoping to avoid any confrontations. He waved out the window to the Marauders as the train set off and they waved back. He sat back and began reading up on basic physics. He was determined to ensure that when he moved to Japan, his grades would be good enough to get into Ichigo's class. It took twenty minutes for the door to open, but it wasn't Ron, it was Neville.

"C...Can I sit here?" He asked and Harry grinned.

"Sure. Need help with your trunk?" he offered, getting up to help put it up in the rack.

"Thanks."

"No problem. I'm Harry," he offered his hand.

"Neville," was the shy answer.

"Good to meet you. Excited about school?" Harry sat and gently drew Neville out into conversation. When Trevor tried to make a break for it Harry caught him, and they got him secured. When Hermione showed up, obviously upset, they invited her in as well. When the trolley came around Harry bought enough for all three of them and worked to tame down some of Hermione's enthusiasm so as not to overwhelm poor Neville. He wasn't at all surprised when the door was wrenched open to reveal Draco and Harry bit back a sigh. After everything, Draco was nothing more than a minor annoyance.

"Is it true?" he said. "They're saying all down the train that Harry Potter's in this compartment. So it's you, is it?"

"Yes," Harry answered, bored by the posturing of Draco and his bookends.